CATV Aerial Lineman / Foreman - #291822
Kanaan Communications, LLC
Date: 06/11/2021 12:01 PM
City: Elmira, New York
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
This is a great opportunity to join Kanaan Communications and grow your career with us! We are looking for highly motivated individuals to work on a great team and have a real impact on the business!
Kanaan Communications, LLC provides a wide range of services to telecommunications providers including engineering services; outside plant construction (Aerial/Underground); plant maintenance; network upgrades including node splits, fiber & coax splicing, and activation/certification work. We have a specialized power supply team providing maintenance, capital improvements and on demand services. Join the Kanaan Communications Team!
Exciting opportunity for dedicated, hardworking and goal focused individuals! Successful Lineman candidate must have knowledge of established aerial cable installation procedures and techniques including the placement of poles and anchors, familiarity with a wide range of tools and equipment, ability to read and understand prints/maps, safety rules, and operating instructions.
- Weekly Paychecks
- Competitive rates
✓ Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
✓ Paid Vacation days
✓ Paid Holidays
✓ 401K with Company Match
✓ Educational Reimbursements
✓ Company issued phone
- Install and repair aerial telecommunications cable
- Safely use hand tools and equipment such as; wrenches, drills, ladders, lanyards, saws, lashers, climbing hooks, and more.
- Safely operate mechanized equipment such as; bucket trucks, digger derrick, excavators, and more.
- Setting up safety perimeter using signage, cones, safety barriers
- Flagging traffic when required
- Understanding of separation and clearance regulations
- Ability to safely work aloft using climbing hooks and ladders.
- Flexibility to work in multiple locations
- Ability to travel when travel is required.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check, motor vehicle check, drug test, and DOT physical exam, resulting in a valid medical card
- Previous construction experience, preferably in the telecommunications industry.
- A valid, unrestricted driver’s license (Commercial driver’s license preferred but not required)
- Knowledge of established aerial cable installation procedures and techniques
- Ability to climb telephone poles and work in a bucket truck and work aloft and climb poles up to 40 feet
- Able to perform all duties in telecommunications construction (such as; pole transfers, maintenance builds, new build, cable installation, over lash, and strand construction)
- Able to lift/carry 50 lbs regularly and up to 100 lbs as needed with or without assistance
- Ability to set up & maintain safe work areas
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Splicing of active & passive equipment would be a plus
Applicants are required to pass all company drug testing, submit to a background check and adhere to all OSHA, state, city/municipality safety requirements and training provided by the company as required.
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind including, based on disability and protected veteran status. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. Please visit the following URL to view the EEO is the Law poster and the Supplement. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)
The Company also does not consider criminal convictions to be an absolute bar to employment and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Applicants applying for positions in Illinois are not required to disclose arrests or sealed or expunged records of convictions.