Merchandise Team Associate - #291838
Date: 06/11/2021 12:30 PM
City: Enfield, North Carolina
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The Operations Team Associate is part of the operations team that performs non-selling duties to support the selling function of the store. The Operations Team Associate position is non-exempt, and schedules can include nights and weekends. The Operations Team Associate reports to the Operations Team Manager.The Operations Team associate is part of the operations team that performs non-selling duties to support the selling function of the store. The Operations Team Associate position is non-exempt, and schedules can include nights and weekends. The Operations Team Associate reports to the Operations Team Manager
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Presents merchandise consistent with merchandising standards
- Ensures the timely floor setup, including pricing and signage for sales sets, promotional events and seasonal business activity (excluding shoes and cosmetics)
- Ensures direction of playbook and seasonal merchandise meetings
- Maintains floor and stock areas consistent with store standards
- Works as directed by the Operations Team Manager
- Core Store Operations
- Performs the process of unloading and sorting merchandise cartons received on trailers. Moves new merchandise to the appropriate processing drop zone on the sales floor in a safe and timely manner utilizing equipment such as rolling flats, carts and z-racks.
- Processing and product Placement: Performs merchandise unpacking and unwrapping to ensure readiness for merchandising on the sales floor. Applies sensor tags per company standard.
- Properly merchandises new and replenished goods in accordance with plan-o-grams and store direction
- Price Change and Sale Set function/ Merchandise Return process
- Performs the execution of all types of markdowns on the sales floor. Sets sales and national ad events.
- Performs the pulling and processing of transfers, returns to vendors (RTV), damages, and mark out of stock (MOS) merchandise.
- Responds and communicates price change inaccuracies and signage issues to the OTM
- Maintenance & Housekeeping
- Removes packing materials from processing drop zones. Bails cardboard and prepares plastic for recycling.
- Ensures the cleanliness of the sales floor and the receiving area following processing on truck days.
- Housekeeping includes being responsible for the cleanliness of the facility specifically the restrooms, associate lounge, fitting rooms and office areas. (Not the case in all stores)
- Maintains a safe shopping and working environment
- Exhibits a warm and friendly demeanor when helping customers
- Greets all customers and insures that there needs are met
- Adheres to Belk’s dress code policy
- The OTA is expected to assist with floor tasks to the overall benefit of the store, particularly during times of peak demand periods, including but not limited to:
- Seasonal sets
- Floor moves
- Daily maintenance
- Fill Ins
- Daily Standards
- Supports the store’s focus on Relentless Customer Care
- Support the store to achieve Belk Rewards goal
- Ability to ring the register
Minimum Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Ability to use computer keyboard, standard telephone and other related business equipment
- Ability to lift between 10 and 72 lbs. at floor level and/or team lift when necessary
- Ability to push / pull receiving equipment weighing up to 500 lbs. such as rolling flats, z-racks and pallet jacks
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to twist, bend and stoop to retrieve items from floor, shelves, racks, and hooks and place items on floor, shelves, racks and hooks
- Ability to work at a safe and steady pace