Summer Session Teacher - #291882
Northwest Regional Education Service District
Date: 06/11/2021 13:01 PM
City: Gleneden Beach, Oregon
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
- JobID: 2105
- Plan appropriate lessons and activities to meet students’ needs
- Write scope and sequence of instructional intent for K-8 weekly lesson plans/9-12 syllabus tied to C.C.S.S.
- Use effective classroom management techniques.
- Use a variety of instructional techniques based upon sound education theory which are appropriate to students’ needs.
- Assess student performance, maintains student records, and interprets and utilizes the results of student performance assessment
- Communicate, cooperate, and work effectively with other teachers, administrators, parents, support staff, students, and the public.
- Demonstrate a consistent and professional attitude toward the accomplishment of building, District, and State goals.
- Implement modifications and accommodations for all students with IEP’s.
- Participate in IEP meetings, staff meetings, and PLT’s.
- Maintain and update current Grade Book and online ParentVue.
- Establish and maintain a positive and respectful working relationship with students, staff, administration, parents/guardians and community members.
- Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with staff and customers at all organizational levels (listening to others without interrupting, keeping emotions under control, remaining open to others’ ideas and focusing on solving conflicts).
- Maintain a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about participants, families and staff.
- Maintain dependable and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Follow all laws, District policies, rules, regulations, memos, announcements and reasonable requests by proper authority
Nestucca Valley School District
Nestucca Valley School District
Position Title: Summer School Teacher
Location: Nestucca Valley Elementary School
Reports To: Principal
Salary: Curriculum Rate Licensed Salary Schedule or Hourly Rate if NVSD Employee
Planning Days: June 28, 29 & 30
Session 1: July 6, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 15
Session 2: July 19, 20, 21,22, 26, 27, 28, 29
Session 3: August 2, 3, 4, 5, 9, 10, 11, 12
To assist students in reaching their full potential for intellectual, physical, emotional, social, and psychological development and growth, and to assist in maintaining a safe and secure school environment.
QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
- Required to hold an Oregon teaching license as set by the Teacher Standards and Practices Commission for the State of Oregon
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Performs some or all of the following tasks. Other duties may be assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Frequent or prolonged standing, walking and sitting
Crouching to work with younger students
Possible moderate to high noise level
Frequent and prolonged talking/listening in conversations/meetings
Requires accurate perceiving of sound, near and far vision, depth perception
Requires handling and working with a variety of materials and objects
Work may occasionally involve lifting/carrying objects weighing 25-50 pounds
Possible exposure to bodily fluids due to student injury or illness.
The Nestucca Valley School District is an equal opportunity employer and provides services to the public on an equal opportunity basis and does not discriminate in employment or the provision of public services on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation or belief, citizenship or marital status. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities or individuals with limited proficiency in English. Contact the District Office for assistance.
Reasonable accommodations for the application and interview process will be provided upon request and as required in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Individuals with disabilities may contact the Human Resources Officer at 503-392-3194 x403 for additional information or assistance. Speech/Hearing impaired persons may contact the district for assistance through the Oregon telecommunications Relay Service at 1-800-735-2900.