CLAIMS ASSISTANT PB - #291883
Date: 06/11/2021 13:01 PM
City: St Cloud, Minnesota
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Find your purpose with CentraCare. Now Hiring a full-time Claims Assistant. The schedule for this role is flexible between 6:00a-6:00p Mon-Fri. This is an in-office position located in St. Cloud
Responsible for the timely submission and resolution of all insurance claims per regulatory, payer and Corporate Compliance requirements. Functions as a resource in the area of third party, state and federal government payers. Responsible for integrating system practice management and other available system technologies into the billing process consistent with corporate guidelines. Supports and implements patient safety and other safety practices as appropriate. Supports and demonstrates Family Centered Care principles when interacting with patients, their families and with co-workers
- Associate Degree in business or a healthcare related program preferred or two years relevant healthcare experience in lieu of education preferred
- Knowledge of health insurance, CPT codes, ICD Codes, Revenue Codes, claim form locators preferred
- 2 years Minimum experience in healthcare accounts receivable preferred
- Experience in a hospital or clinic billing environment working with third party payers, billing, and terminology preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of healthcare billing and third party payer requirements
- Excellent communication skills and customer relations principles
- Experience with use of Microsoft Office applications and related healthcare systems and software
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner with attention to detail and accuracy.
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.
Our roots go back to 1886 when St. Cloud Hospital was built to serve the health care needs of people living in Central Minnesota. In 1995, CentraCare was formed, which today includes eight hospitals in St. Cloud, Long Prairie, Melrose, Monticello, Paynesville, Redwood Falls, Sauk Centre and Willmar. We also have more than 30 clinics, 11 senior housing facilities and seven long-term care facilities throughout the area
CentraCare has grown to meet the needs of the communities and is now one of the largest health systems in Minnesota. This means we are able to offer the latest advancements in care, technology and treatments close to home. But what makes CentraCare special is not our facilities or technology. It is our people. We live in the communities we serve. We are neighbors, friends and family. And when you need us, we are here for you.