Kindergarten Teacher Assistant - #291889
Date: 06/11/2021 13:01 PM
City: Apex, North Carolina
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
We are currently hiring for a Kindergarten Teacher Assistant at our Apex Elementary Campus for the 2021-2022 school year.
The mission of Thales Academy is to provide an excellent and affordable education for students in Pre-K to 12th grades through the use of Direct Instruction (K-5) and a Classical Curriculum (6-12) that embodies traditional values.
Thales provides a rigorous academic environment that fosters ethical behavior, critical thinking, virtuous leadership, lifelong learning, and truth seeking with a firm foundation in cognitive, non-cognitive, and technical skills. As a result, Thales Academy students are well prepared to succeed in higher education, career, and life while positively impacting the world around them.
- Assist Lead Kindergarten Teacher with classroom management, curriculum and other tasks
- Collaboration - Participating in productive discussions including team planning meetings and sharing curriculum and instructional expertise.
- Professional Development - Engaging in offered professional development opportunities.
- Professional Etiquette - Acting in a professional manner in verbal and nonverbal communications while following established guidelines.
- Communication - Promoting communication between parents, community members and teammates, and working to establish and maintain home-school connections.
- Parental Involvement – Assisting in providing opportunities for parental/guardian involvement within the school.
- High energy and organized with a passion for teaching children
- Education degree
- Direct Instruction or other teaching/childcare experience preferred but not required
Salary: Salaries are determined by experience and qualifications.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Disability & life insurance based upon election of medical insurance
- Paid time off
- 401k with employer match
- Flexible spending account (FSA)