Dietary Manager - #291896
Date: 06/11/2021 13:30 PM
City: Westport, Washington
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Responsible for the Dietary Department of the facility and promoting a positive image to residents, families, and guests. Supervises the staff in the daily operation of the department, monitoring job assignments and quality of food preparations.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of staff and provides orientation to new staff members and ongoing coaching to current staff.
- Prepares and submits food and supply orders, audits supply stock, and ensures that the department has sufficient food supply and working equipment at all times.
- Communicates company policies and health department standards to all staff holding staff accountable for preparing, serving and storing food in accordance to all standards and policies.
- Evaluates staff performance and provides feedback, coaching and discipline as needed to staff members.
- Inspects the food service areas and equipment ensuring they are clean, safe, and orderly meeting community fire safety, infection control and hazardous chemicals regulations and policies. Taking prompt action to address any unsafe conditions or equipment problems.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Certified Dietary Manager
- Food Handler’s card where required.
- Education or experience sufficient to meet position requirements or as required by State regulations.
- Meets all mandatory health requirements by State regulations.
- Prefer prior experience in a commercial kitchen environment.
- Requires attention to detail and ability to follow instructions.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Resident care philosophy with a focus on providing the highest level of quality service and professional interaction.
- Maintains clean, neat, comfortable, safe environment for residents, staff, and visitors.
• Ability to relate positively and communicate appropriately with residents, families, community members, volunteers and other employees. • Has compassion and special interest in working with the senior population.
- Ability to relate positively and communicate appropriately with residents, families, community members, volunteers and other employees.
- Has compassion and special interest in working with the senior population.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, holidays and overtime, to meet the requirements of the position.
- Maintains CPR and/or First Aid Certification as required by State regulations.
Regency Pacific is an equal opportunity employer.