Materials Coordinator - #291912
Date: 06/11/2021 13:30 PM
City: Baldwin Park, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Position Summary: The Materials Coordinator will be responsible for receiving, storing, and issuing materials, equipment, and other items from stockroom, warehouse, or storage yard. Keep records and compile stock reports
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute specified shelf life requirements.
- Maintains inventory of stock by parts and units for each location and accountability of such parts within the facility.
- Receive and count stock items, and record data using computer (Quantum System)
- Determine proper storage methods, identification, and stock location based on turnover, environmental factors, and physical capabilities of facilities
- Verify inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of stock and investigate discrepancies or adjust errors
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouses, tool rooms, supply rooms, or other areas
- Mark stock items using identification tags, stamps, electric marking tools, or other labeling equipment.
- Keep records on the use and/or damage of stock or stock handling equipment
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors
- Create a discrepancy reports and return damaged or rejected parts to vendor.
- Process receipts, scan, and file paperwork.
- Deliver goods to appropriate department.
- Expedite materials and inventory when needed.
- Maintain and provide daily receipt reports.
- Train and assume other responsibilities when needed as backup to other employees.
- Supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Observes all safety and security procedures
- Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves in stockrooms, warehouses, or storage yards
- Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, or GED
- 3+ years of successful stock room, receiving and/or inspection experience