Customer Service Specialist - #291955
Hearst Media Services
Date: 06/11/2021 14:01 PM
City: Buffalo, New York
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Hearst is a leading global, diversified media, information, and services company with more than 360 businesses. Across every division, Hearst employees are connected by shared values of innovation, storytelling, creativity, vision, social good and partnership. We invite you to discover more about our culture, company, and community.
Hearst major interests include ownership in cable television networks such as A&E, HISTORY, Lifetime and ESPN; global financial services leader Fitch Group; Hearst Health, a group of medical information and services businesses; transportation assets including CAMP Systems International, a major provider of software-as-a-service solutions for managing maintenance of jets and helicopters; 31 television stations such as WCVB-TV in Boston and KCRA-TV in Sacramento, Calif., which reach a combined 19 percent of U.S. viewers; newspapers such as the Houston Chronicle, San Francisco Chronicle and Albany Times Union, more than 300 magazines around the world including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Men's Health and Car and Driver; digital services businesses such as iCrossing and KUBRA; and investments in emerging digital entertainment companies such as Complex Networks.
The Customer Service Specialist is the face of the Digital Media Services client experience for non-assigned accounts and is accountable for the complete resolution of these customer’s complaints for all print and digital products. The objective is to resolve our customer issues by working with customers and internal teams to effectively address root cause issues and increasing customer retention through excellent customer service.
The primary responsibilities of this position involve direct engagement with our clients via inbound phone calls and emails, performing outbound onboarding calls to new clients, hands on product edits and/or engaging with product fulfilment teams to resolve requests as well as other miscellaneous routine administration duties.
The Customer Service Specialist will maintain a professional image of our company, products and services with these accounts and ensure a satisfactory level of product delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for answering and handling all incoming phone calls from the Customer Service 800 line and public facing email box.
- Responsible for evaluating each customer concern to determine the appropriate solution.
- Coordinates and manages workflow with other internal work groups to ensure timely completion for all changes needed to improve client’s performance.
- Ensures compliance to department/company policies and procedures.
- Receives, handles, and redirects all incoming Customer Service mail.
- Actively works to convert customer cancellation requests to retained accounts. Seeks to understand underlying issues and bring about resolution
Minimum of one to three years of previous customer service or administrative support experience is desired.
- The incumbent/candidate must be enthusiastic, energetic, proactive, and resourceful with a strong work ethic.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with customers, as well as diverse groups of individuals including all levels of employees and management. Should have strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills.
- Should be adaptable and enjoy working in a friendly, fast paced, ever evolving environment.
- Computer skills are mandatory for this position including a proficiency using the Internet, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.