Grocery Overnight Supervisor - #291960
Date: 06/11/2021 14:30 PM
City: Honolulu, Hawaii
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Assists with the scheduling and supervision of overnight Overnight Team Members as well as with the normal operational flow of the department. Oversees and maintains compelling displays. Supports the Team Leader and Associate Team Leader(s) to ensure smooth operation of the team. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory duties required in the department.
- Effectively supervises and delegates tasks based on the needs of the department.
- Oversees team and resolves difficult situations.
- Responds to customer and Team Member needs and concerns.
- Assists in training as delegated by Team Leader and Associate Team Leader utilizing learning checklists and training materials.
- Establishes and maintains a positive work environment that supports high Team Member morale.
- Communicates team concerns to the Team Leader and Associate Team Leader.
- Completes spoilage, sampling, temperature, and sweep worksheets as required.
- Opens and closes department according to established procedures.
- Sets and achieves the highest standards of retail execution.
- Fosters and encourages a positive environment of outstanding teamwork, mutual respect, and exceptional morale.
- Maintains awareness of customer flows and needs and directs Team Members as necessary to satisfy and delight customers; responds promptly to customer needs and questions.
- Selects, trains, develops, mentors, motivates, and counsels Team Members in a manner that sustains a high-performance team and minimizes turnover.
- Provides timely, thorough, and thoughtful performance evaluations.
- Consistently communicates and models WFM vision and goals.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability in recognizing and accomplishing all tasks where there is a direct job responsibility.
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities of departmental Team Members.
- Capable of teaching others in a constructive and positive manner.
- Strong demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, motivational, team building, and customer relationship skills.
- Capable of teaching others in a positive and constructive manner.
- Thorough product knowledge.
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory and safety policies and procedures.
- Proficient mathematical skills for assessing financial performance, monitoring profitability, and managing inventory.
- Demonstrated decision-making ability, leadership skills, and ability to prioritize and delegate.
- Proficiency with email, Microsoft Office, and operations-related applications
- 12+ months retail experience.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling.
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: <32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), >90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in wet and dry conditions.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including knives, box cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
- May require use of ladders.
Note: The purpose of this document is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. This document does not reflect all job duties or requirements for every position. Requirements build as one progresses through the job levels, so any job duties required at a lower level may be required at the higher level in addition to the duties listed for that higher level. Duties, assignments, and other responsibilities may differ for similar positions based on business conditions, departmental or geographic location, and/or needs for the particular position. An individual must demonstrate successful performance in their current position before being considered for promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new position. Completion of certain milestones such as obtaining an advanced degree or certification, time in current position, or developing skills to perform at the higher-level role do not guarantee a promotion.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.