Business Intelligence Project Manager - #291969
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Date: 06/11/2021 14:30 PM
City: Boscawen, New Hampshire
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Business Intelligence Project / Portfolio Manager (remote)
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The position will be within the Project Management Office (PMO) of the IT organization of the Analytics and Instruments Group (AIG) of Thermo Fisher Scientific. The preference is for the position will be located in our Tewkesbury, MA site, but could be located remotely or in another Thermo Fisher Scientific site. The position may require 25% or more travel to other sites globally, depending on the specific needs of a project.
How will you make an impact?
The position is responsible for delivering projects in support of the AIG Business Intelligence Competency Center (BICC). The position will also oversee the overall portfolio of BICC projects for AIG and may support other strategic initiatives within the AIG PMO. This is a leadership position within the IT organization – remote management and a self-directed attitude is critical.
What will you do?
- Responsible for successfully managing BI projects through the full BI project lifecycle (Scoping, Requirements, Design, Testing, Implementation) within an Agile development framework.
- Works closely with application teams, technical staff, vendors, and business users to deliver the projects on time and budget.
- Develops project scope, estimates costs, and facilitates work estimates and schedules in an Agile framework.
- Manages stakeholder expectations efficiently with minimal guidance. Maintains strong working relationships with all stakeholder representatives. Must have strong presentation skills with proven experience delivering formal presentations to various levels of management (both locally and remote).
- Manages the status of the AIG BI team’s portfolio of BI projects, including communicating overall risk, financial performance, and status of the portfolio
- Ensure individual projects within the portfolio are properly scope and launched – coordinating the input of multiple Thermo Fisher Scientific teams to successfully launch the projects
- Communicates issues or risks in a timely and effective manner and develops mitigation plans to address/resolve them.
How will you get here?
- HS Diploma required, Bachelor’s degree is preferred in business, computer science, engineering or related field.
- Must have at least 3+years of Project Management experience managing Business Intelligence projects within an Agile framework
- Must have experience in managing Business Intelligence projects end-to-end involving Data Warehouse, ETL development and Visualization layer using Power BI, Domo
- Maintaining existing and creating new project charters, estimating levels of effort, schedules and objectives for BI projects
- Analyzing potential impacts of project scope changes and making recommendation to do timely delivery or projects. Monitoring and reporting on KPIs regarding team progress against project plans, risks and quality of deliverables.
- Provide planning and strategic support in managing operations to improve reliability, alignment of IT investments to strategic objective
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to work with limited guidance in a matrixed, complex environment but own responsibility for outcomes of programs / projects – remote management, self-directed management, and drive are critical
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to interact effectively with others internal and external to the Company, which includes senior and middle management levels.
- Strong presentation skills with proven experience delivering formal presentations to various levels of management
- Familiarity with ERP and CRM related BI projects
- Good organization skills, strong analytical and communication skills
- Leading team meetings, tracking issues, decisions, action items, and following-up to drive issues to closure
- Hi-tech manufacturing knowledge and experience a plus.
- Experience working in a matrix and shared services environment
- Global cross cultural experience preferred.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.