Registered Nurse, RN, Medical / Surgical - #291995
Grand View Health
Date: 06/11/2021 14:30 PM
City: Sellersville, Pennsylvania
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Schedule: Full Time, Evenings / Nights - 3 12-hour shifts/week, every 3rd weekend
Grand View Health, which includes Bucks County's first hospital, has provided residents of Bucks and Montgomery counties with comprehensive healthcare services since 1913. Now a century strong, Grand View offers a range of inpatient and outpatient care, particularly emphasizing the areas of surgery and orthopedics, women's and children's health, heart and vascular care, and cancer treatment. Our colleagues enjoy the best of both worlds by working for a high-quality, low-cost healthcare provider in a collaborative, community environment. Help us build this new era of wellness and lead our community to a healthier future.
The Registered Nurse, RN, in Medical/Surgical is accountable for assessing, planning, delivering and evaluating care for patients served and collaborates with other members of the healthcare team to achieve optimal patient outcomes. The Registered Nurse practices professional nursing by utilizing the nursing process and adheres to standards set forth in the Nurse Practice Act of Pennsylvania and Grand View Health policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma in Nursing required.
- BSN preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated written communication skills.
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to maintain the strictest levels of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Ability to make quality, independent decisions.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities.
- Competency in the use of a variety of computer hardware and software systems.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Registered Nurse in PA – licensed, upon hire, required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) upon hire required.