Project Manager - #292000
Date: 06/11/2021 15:01 PM
City: Petoskey, Michigan
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Team Elmer's seeks to fill an opening for an experienced Construction (Civil/Heavy Highway) Project Manager in the Petoskey, Michigan area. This position will plan, direct, coordinate, bid and budget divisional construction projects working directly for the Division Manager and with the project foremen. This position will also participate in the conceptual development of a construction project and oversee its organization, scheduling and implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Division Managers and foremen to plan, organize and direct activities concerned with road and site construction projects.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of company policy and contract specifications. Confer with supervisors and foremen to discuss such matters as work procedures, complaints and construction problems.
- Initiate and maintain liaison with customers, owners and other contacts to facilitate project activities.
- Monitor and control project through administrative direction of on-site foremen to ensure project is completed on schedule and within budget.
- Investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
- Represent company in project meetings and attend strategy meetings.
- Work with Division Manager to manage financial aspects of contracts to protect company's interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with the customer.
- May requisition supplies and materials to complete project.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers and clients.
- Formulate reports concerning such areas as work progress, costs and scheduling.
- Work with dispatcher to assign workers to construction sites to work on specified projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
"The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the position."
- Bachelors or equivalent degree/experience combination.
- Approximately 5 or more years of experience in the construction industry, preferred.
- Previous Construction Management experience, preferred.
- Civil construction management experience required..
- Knowledge of administration, management, construction materials, methods and tools.
- Mechanical knowledge of machines and tools.
- Knowledge of public safety and security issues and regulations.
- Excellent mathematical skills, including application and use in problem-solving.
- Ability to coordinate own and others' actions, manage own time and manage personnel resources.
- Strong understanding and expression of written and verbal English sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Sensitivity to problems; ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
- Ability to work long hours, including early mornings and late evenings.
- Ability to follow all company, DOT, OSHA, MSHA and MiOSHA safety rules.