(21-22) CL0483 Supervision Aide @ Ramona Elementary School - #292009
Hemet Unified School District
Date: 06/11/2021 15:01 PM
City: Hemet, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
M, T, TH, F - 10:30 to 1:00 pm
W - 9:30 am to 12:00 pm
Eligible candidates must meet ALL minimum experience AND education requirements included in the job description. Please specify, in detail, on your application how you meet the minimum experience and education requirements for this position. Please complete all portions of the application. Failure to do so may cause you to be screened out.
LATERAL TRANSFERS CONSIDERED FIRST- all eligible and interested employees must submit a lateral transfer request before the deadline
Positions in this Class report directly to the appropriate Administrator at a school site and are responsible for maintaining an orderly and safe environment in the school cafeteria, or on grounds and public streets. Students supervised are in the kindergarten through eighth grade age group.
- Supervise students during recess, lunch period in the cafeteria, restrooms, on school grounds, crossing streets, before and after school, or going to bus stops and while at bus stops;
- May be required to organize and supervise recreation activities and/or athletic or sports activities;
- Report special behavior problems and unusual, unsafe, dangerous, or improper conduct;
- Report to the principal the license numbers of cars failing to stop for children when signaled to do so;
- Observe that safety rules are obeyed;
- May prepare vandalism, property damage, and theft reports;
- Notify school administration of any injuries or accidents at designated crossing or on school grounds.
- The basic principles of first aid;
- Traffic regulations, especially those pertaining to pedestrians;
- Stopping distances of moving vehicles;
- Standards of courtesy to be observed by students;
- General school objectives.
- Supervise students;
- Demonstrate an understanding, patient and receptive attitude toward elementary age students;
- Follow policies and instructions;
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions;
- Display sufficient stamina to permit performance of duties in inclement weather;
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students and adults.
Paid or volunteer experience working with children. possession of the knowledge and abilities listed above.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical requirements indicated below are examples of the physical aspects that this position classification must perform in carrying out the essential job functions.
Walk, reach below shoulders, flex and turn neck (continuously); stand, stoop, squat, kneel, climb, twist, look upward, reach above shoulders (occasionally); lift/carry items to 3 pounds (frequently); grasp/manipulate equipment or children; use seeing, hearing and speaking (continuously).
Lunchroom, schoolyard and crosswalks. Exposure to: noise from students, traffic and school bells; exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions caused by weather may occasionally be experienced; proximity to traffic and car fumes.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential function of the job.
Bargaining Unit Position (eff: 2/15/02) Revised 11/3/08