Maintenance Worker (MVO) NA-07 - #292050
US Army Installation Management Command
Date: 06/11/2021 15:31 PM
City: Tombstone, Arizona
Salary: $16 - $18 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
This position is located at Child & Youth Services, Seifert School Age Center on Fort Huachuca, AZ. This is a regular part-time position (20-39 hours) with eligibility to participate in the NAF Employee Benefits Plans.
To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.) for professional and personal references on your resume.
- Performs a variety of tasks involving the maintenance and minor repairs of buildings, grounds, playground equipment, toys and associated equipment ensuring safety requirements are met.
- Prepares and submits work orders for repairs requiring additional expertise.
- Monitors access to the facility and grounds to ensure security is maintained.
- Drives government vehicles to pick up and deliver supplies/food or to transport children/youth.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - Occasionally travel between varying facilities on the installation and within the local commuting area as needed.
Job family (Series)
4749 Maintenance Mechanic
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty.
- Appointment subject to favorable suitability determination.
- Must have current health assessment which documents good mental and physical health, freedom from communicable disease, and immunizations IAW current Army and of policy including annual influenza vaccinations.
- A pre-employment occupational physical is required for this position.
- Must be able to work Monday through Friday, as well as occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to climb, kneel, stoop, pull, push, stand, twist and sit or designated periods of time, be able to work from ladders, and perform visual examinations and operational tests of to determine need for basic equipment repair.
- Must be able to lift items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be willing and able to travel occasionally between varying facilities on the installation and within the local commuting area as needed.
- Incumbent is subject to a random drug test that occurs without suspicion that a particular individual is using illegal drugs. This position requires mandatory drug testing.
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment of background checks in accordance with AR 215-3, para.2, and a Child Care Tier 1 background investigation is required.
- Duties involve working both indoors and outdoors under different types of weather conditions.
1. Must be able to communicate in English at a level to assure the duties described can be accomplished in a safe and satisfactory manner.
2. Must possess a high school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma.
3. Must have successfully operated standard tools (ex: push mowers, edgers, chainsaws, blowers, weed-eaters, pruners; common hand and power tools and measuring devices of the carpentry and painting trades, etc.).
4. Must possess experience in maintaining and up keeping of facility grounds and related equipment; use of trade practices associated with carpentry and painting as well as work involving motor vehicle operations.
5. Must possess a valid state driver's license to operate a 15 passenger vehicle OR a commercial driver's license (CDL) with no restrictions to operate a 24 passenger vehicle.
Please Note: In order to meet the minimum requirements for experience, your experience must be clearly stated in your application. Incomplete applications will be rated as ineligible.
Additional information on the requirements and duties for this position can be viewed here.
This position does not have an education substitution.
Area of Consideration:
- The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is US Citizens and Non-US Citizens within 35 miles of Fort Huachuca. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
- If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 12:00 PM (noon) by 06/17/2021 in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- This position is eligible for Night Differential and Sunday Premium Pay.
- It contains additional information applicants may find useful when applying for our jobs. (To view the kit, click or copy and paste this URL: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/Applicants/NAF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit.pdf ).
- Additional referrals may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Any individual who was required to register with Selective Service and who is not registered or knowingly and willfully did not register before the requirement terminated or became inapplicable to the individual, will not be hired.
During the school year:
Mondays - Fridays: 0530-0800 and 1430-1800
During school-out days and vacations:
Mondays - Fridays: 0530-1800
Closed on Federal Holidays.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Parent of a Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow(er) of a Veteran (OAV)
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, K.S.A's where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor.
Please refer to our Application Information Kit for further information on eligibility and required documentation
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Non-sensitive (NS)/Low Risk
Trust determination process
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- Diploma/ GED
- DA Form 3433
- DD 1300
- VA Documentation
- PCS Orders
- Proof of Marriage Status
- Reasonable Accommodation Documentation
- Separation Notice (RIF)
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
Important: Documentation demonstrating eligibility for NAF Hiring Preference or NAF Hiring Priority Consideration are required to be included with your application. For Military Spousal Preference, complete and legible PCS orders must be uploaded at time of application to include all pages in order to substantiate eligibility. Applicants that do not substantiate their claims at the time of application will have their applications adjusted and receive consideration as an Outside Applicant Non-Veteran (OANV), or highest preference or priority consideration claimed and substantiated at time of application.
For additional information please view our Application Information Kit
Review our benefits
This job is open to
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.