Critical Facilities Engineer - #292064
Jones Lange Lasalle Inc.
Date: 06/11/2021 16:01 PM
City: West Des Moines, Iowa
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
About JLL –
We're JLL—a leading professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We shape the future of real estate for a better world by using the most advanced technology to create rewarding opportunities, amazing spaces and sustainable real estate solutions for our clients, our people and our communities. As a Fortune 500 company, we help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. We have operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of over 92,000 individuals. We believe a diverse and inclusive culture is one where everyone succeeds. That's why we're committed to creating an environment where we all feel welcomed, valued and empowered to achieve our full potential.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a "perfect" candidate. JLL is a place where everyone can grow no matter how they identify or what background they bring with them. If you're a leader of any level or experience and this job description resonates with you, let's talk.
What this job involves:
The Critical Facilities Engineer is accountable for design, modification, operating parameters, maintenance programs, operational/maintenance procedures, efficiency, and effectiveness of the facilities systems assigned. Additionally, responsible for operational analysis and reporting related to assigned facility systems. The CFE can be assigned as a project manager over small facility related projects.
- Assigned facilities systems are at maximum designed reliability, availability, and working at maximum efficiency and effectiveness
- Facility system data is being translated into useful and valid information
- Assigned facilities systems have full documentation, procedures, and maintenance programs
- Assigned projects are finished on time, within projected costs, and meet all client expectations
- Works with others team members to exceed customer expectations.
- Works with Project Managers to support technical issues on their projects
- Troubleshoots and assesses facilities as required
- Provides suggestions for continuous improvements resulting in higher reliability and reduced costs
- Design and modification of facility systems within area of expertise.
- Provide operational parameters, maintenance tasks and periodicities, and best practices for facility systems assigned.
- Provides analysis of operational data to monitor efficiency and effectiveness of assigned systems. Develops, trends, and analyzes various facility metrics (KPIs, spares usage, system costs, etc.)
- Provides procedures for operation, maintenance, and upset conditions of assigned systems.
- Project management over facilities projects as assigned.
- Assists in the training of facilities personnel on their assigned systems.
- Develops business case studies and cost proposals, as required
- Provides oversight of facilities systems or equipment procurement process and tracking
- Provides technical expertise and assistance to customers in assigned areas
Sound like you? To apply you need to be:
- Practical application of engineering skills in area of study and experience. Must be able to design and implement changes in a strict critical environment.
- Project management on a small or medium size project basis
- Troubleshooting and forensic analysis of facilities systems
- Understanding and implementation of Reliability Centered Maintenance programs or equivalent.
- Data analysis into useful and valuable information tailored to client and operational needs.
- Customer relationship building
- Understanding and implementation of risk mitigation processes
- Understanding the development, trending, and analysis of engineering and financial metrics.
- Multi-variant and complex statistical analysis experience
- Computer aided engineering modeling in area of expertise
- CAD experience
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering discipline
- 3 years' experience in critical environments
- 1 year supervisory or project management or vendor management experience
- 1-3 years statistical analysis in a critical facilities environment
- Professionally Licensed Engineer (PE) in state of hire
What you can expect from us –
We succeed together—across the desk and around the globe and believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your career ambitions, recognizing your contributions, investing in your well-being and providing competitive benefits and pay.
We can't wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL.
Apply quoting reference REQ146108 at jll.com/careers.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL's recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle ("JLL") is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.