Credit Balance Analyst - #292107
St. Luke's Health System
Date: 06/11/2021 16:30 PM
City: Meridian, Idaho
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
St. Luke's Health System in Meridian is seeking a Credit Balance Analyst to join our Cash Management team.
Position SummaryUnder close supervision, Credit Balance Analyst, performs professional level analysis to review, research and resolve credit balances on customer accounts to ensure accurate account balances and processes approved requests for refunds.
- Applies knowledge related to interpreting explanation of benefits and regulations concerning coordination of benefits and other applicable guidelines. This includes being able to assess that reimbursement, allowances, and patient payments received are applied correctly.
- Resolves accounts by various methods that includes, but is not limited, to making adjustments, transferring funds, corresponding with necessary contacts, responding to inquiries, utilizing various tools for addressing discrepancies and initiating recoupment requests, and processing refunds, all in accordance and in compliance with company, state, and federal policies, regulations, and procedures.
- Assists in creating credit balance and related reporting as well as external correspondencerelating to overpayments made by insurance payers or patients.
- Assists in identifying and documenting any insurance payer or internal issues as they arise.Assists with special research that are unique in nature related to patient accounts which may result in recalculation of pay history.
- Responsible for proper documentation/authorization to support transactions.Resolves routine questions and problems and refers more complex issues to higher levels.
- May assist with special analysis, reconciles designated accounts, etc. within assigned functional area(s).
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: None
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
The city of Meridian is a suburb of Boise located approximately 10 miles from downtown Boise. Meridian is a premier place to live and work with just under 90,000 residents. This clean and attractive city is framed by mountains and has a pleasant mild, 4-season climate and excellent commerce. The city offers a wide selection of nearby recreational activities such as skiing, 130 miles of hiking trails and 25 miles of paths which link 850 acres of parks. Meridian offers premier shopping, dining and entertainment.
Learn more about what Meridian and the Treasure Valley has to offer you:
St. Luke's Health System | City of Meridian | The Village | Boise Convention and Visitors Bureau | Boise Parks and Recreation | Boise Museum Association | Boise Music Festival | Boise Philharmonic | Downtown Boise Restaurants | Hyde Park events | Treefort Music Festival | First Thursdays | Alive After Five | Capitol City Public Market | Runs and Triathlons | Shakespeare Festival | Sawtooth National Forest | Visit Idaho.org
- St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.