I&E Technician- McAlester, OK - #292122
Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Date: 06/11/2021 16:31 PM
City: Kiowa, Oklahoma
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Location Name: McAlester, OK
Location Address: 9725 W US HWY 270, McAlester, OK, United States (US), 74501
Job/Requisition ID: 63394
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Relevant Experience Level: Entry Level (1 year minimum experience)
Driver's License Required: Yes
Employee Group: Regular - Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Hourly Non-Exempt
Shift: First Shift
- Provides I & E (instrumentation and electrical) support for assigned assets such as natural gas processing plants, pipelines, compressor stations.
- Installs, inspects, troubleshoots, maintains, repairs and calibrates wide variety of midstream instrumentation such as, but not limited to, flow meters, transmitters, sensors, analyzers, data loggers, programmable logic controller (PLCs), distributive control system (DCS).
- Installs, inspects, troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs electrical equipment such as, but not limited to, motor control centers, generators, transformers, switches, relays, wiring, electrical signal and communication systems, variable frequency drive (VFD), power distribution center (PDCs), uninterrupted power source (UPS).
- Configures and programs industrial control systems. Performs loops checks, point-to-point verification and other testing regimes.
- Maintains complete, accurate and regulatory-compliant documentation.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Calibration Develops ability to perform calibration on instruments with accuracy and precision in accordance with established procedures. Aware of environmental factors such as temperature, vibration, noise affecting calibration.
- Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) Develops experience with software package with multiple maintenance functionalities such as equipment data management, preventative maintenance, work order system, scheduling planning, inventory control, asset tracking.
- Electrical Equipment & Electrical Distribution Network Develops knowledge and practice experience with electrical components and workings of electric transmission and distribution network.
- Industrial Control Systems Develops knowledge or and practical experience with devices to manage, command, direct or regulate behavior of other devices or systems. Includes, but not limited to, Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC).
- Industrial Instrumentation Fundamentals Develops practical knowledge of instrumentation used in midstream industry to measure, monitor or control temperature, level, pressure, flow. Includes, but is not limited to: temperature sensor, pressure gauges, pressure transmitter, pressure switch, flow transmitter, temperature controllers.
- Safety Applies in difficult or complex situations ability to recognize safety risks in operational activities and use appropriate measures to control and manage identified risks.
- Safety Awareness Ability to recognize and identify potential hazards. Evaluates changes in work environment with respect to impact on safety of self and others. Understands potential threats created by deviation from safety procedures and improper use of tools and equipment. Uses personal protection equipment. Uses tools and equipment in compliance with manuals and training. Calls attention to potential and actual hazardous conditions as they arise. Demonstrates knowledge of lockout/tag out procedures. Stops work if there are unsafe working conditions.
- Wireless Technologies Develops knowledge of and practical experience with technologies and devices used in industrial applications to communicate information gathered from sensor locations through wireless links.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must hold a valid Driver License with excellent driving record
- Must be able to complete Health Questionnaire and pass drug test and background check.
- Must be able to work 12-hour shifts including nights, weekends and holidays
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Marathon Petroleum Corporation is a leading, integrated, downstream energy company headquartered in Findlay, Ohio. The company operates the nation’s largest refining system with more than 3 million barrels per day of crude oil capacity across 16 refineries. Marathon Petroleum's marketing system includes branded locations across the United States, including Marathon branded outlets. Speedway LLC, a Marathon Petroleum subsidiary, owns and operates retail convenience stores across the United States. MPC also owns the general partner and majority limited partner interest in MPLX LP, a midstream company which owns and operates gathering, processing, and fractionation assets, as well as crude oil and light product transportation and logistics infrastructure.
Travel Expected: Up to 10%
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, click here.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability
Marathon Petroleum Company LP participates in the E-Verify program in some states in which it operates (including AL, AZ, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT). For more information before proceeding, please see details in English or Spanish. Right to Work Statement English or Spanish.
To view benefit information for Marathon Petroleum Corporation please visit mympcbenefits.com.