Valve Service Technician - #292144
Emerson Electric Co.
Date: 06/11/2021 17:02 PM
City: Huntsville, Alabama
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
If you are a Valve Service Technician looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Huntsville, Alabama location, you will part of the team that services pressure relief valves for nuclear power plants. At Emerson Huntsville, you will be visible, you will know the names of your coworkers and your contribution can "move the needle". You can also leverage the career development, technical expertise, and networking opportunities afforded by the overall Emerson organization giving you the best of both worlds.
You will be responsible for the inspection, repair and testing of nuclear pressure relief and line valves and related equipment.
AS THE FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN YOU WILL:
- Perform service and repair activities in house, at operating nuclear power plants and at outside repair/testing facilities. Travel is in the 30% range to include overtime, weekends and holidays as required by the customer.
- Perform testing to the applicable valve repair or in-service testing codes, standards and regulatory requirements.
- Recommend purchase of material, equipment and special tooling for repairs.
- Advise and assist sales, engineering and other departments concerning technical aspects of repair valves and replacement parts.
- Support our Mansfield MA site assisting with inspection, assembly and performance of production or prototypes valves for special customer applications and engineering proficiency.
- Conduct production and engineering testing utilizing high-pressure test facility and related equipment.
WHO YOU ARE:
You persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You build strong formal and informal networks. You stay aligned with your goals and stay productive. You attentively listen to others.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- High school or GED
- US citizen due to US Navy contractual requirements
- 3 years' direct experience with mechanical assembly and repair
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, work independently and efficiently, and meet scheduled deadlines
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Trade school, technical military training and experience, or technical mechanical training
- Nuclear qualified valve technicians able to repair a variety of valves working independently
- Ability to perform blue checks, lapping of in-body seats, repacking, etc.
- Able to use lapping equipment, hydraulic torque wrenches, packing extraction tools, and other equipment needed to perform total valve refurbishment
- Hands-on technical mechanical experience repairing and troubleshooting high energy mechanical systems within a highly regulated industry
- Familiarity with Nuclear Quality Assurance Programs, ASME standards and/or National Board Inspection Code a plus.
- Knowledge of electro-mechanical control systems and experience with high pressure test facility systems and the ability to operate, maintain and repair these systems.
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about ourCulture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.