Prepared Foods Team Member - #292145
Date: 06/11/2021 17:02 PM
City: Champion, Pennsylvania
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
As an Express Clerk your responsibility is to provide efficient and accurate customer service in all departments. You’ll ensure customer requirements are met and build customer loyalty by providing exemplary customer service from "wall to wall" in every area of our stores. To thrive in this position, you should be a team player at heart. The type of person that knows you’re only successful when those around you are set up for success. Beyond that, you’re eager to support an amazing team, have the drive to grow your career in leadership and the ability to inspire those around you.
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Experience Desired: Culinary helpful; Positive attitude
- Education Required: No High School diploma required
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work, for our Team Members, guests and products.
- Provide unparalleled guest service, constantly striving to delight and surprise our guests, vendors and stakeholders.
- Complete and maintain proper signature logs for Direct Store Delivery vendors/deliveries.
- Follow established procedures with regards to unauthorized or damaged product from DSD vendors.
- Maintain proper documentation and reporting for any and all pricing discrepancies and vendor compliance violations with occur with DSD vendors or products.
- Manage immediate area outside of receiving room to ensure that there are no obstructions to the receiving of deliveries in an efficient time and manner.
- Maintain necessary equipment for receiving purposes (power jacks, DEX, DSD system) perform regular checks and maintenance and promptly report any problems for correction/repairs.
- Make bales by operating paper baler.
- Dispose of trash by using automatic compactor.
- Organize flats/backroom for evening crew.
- Record time worked according to smart track policy and procedure.
- Slice bread by placing loaves in slicer, package product, label package and place on display.
- Take customer orders for later purchase in person or over the phone by writing down the order indicating product desired and date to be picked up.
- Document and record all known loss for Fresh departments.
- Maintain all products in fresh areas and sell product to the customer giving exemplary customer service.
- Ring up customer's orders by scanning product or punching price into register, finalize sale and collect payment by totaling order, deducting for coupons, and accepting tender from customers.
- Bag orders by putting groceries into the appropriate bags and then into customers carts.
- Keep fuel equipment clean at all times and the surrounding areas free of debris and fuel spills.
- Keep parking area clean by sweeping up debris and shoveling snow when necessary.
- Learn and understand all fuel requirements, laws and safety procedures.
- Ensure all safety guidelines are being adhered to while handling fuel sales.
- Direct traffic flow if necessary.
- Stock, rotate, block and maintain product on shelves and have a knowledge of code dating.
- Unload and store food items in prep areas and coolers.
- Unload product from truck and break down pallets.
- Load flats with proper product to be taken to the floor and hand stacked.
- Maintain proper temperature checks on all hot foods in the prepared foods department.
- Set up and maintain prepared foods and display case with fresh items and set up and maintain salad bar.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.