Antique Metalwork Restorer - #292154
Date: 06/11/2021 17:02 PM
City: Brooklyn, New York
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Remains Lighting is looking for a meticulous individual to help manage our antique collection. We are a dynamic and environmentally committed 25 year old New York company specializing in antique lighting fixtures for the architecture and interior design community. We are based in our 25,000' solar powered, LEED Gold factory in Brooklyn and sell directly to our clientele though our own showrooms.
This position offers a unique opportunity to work in a range of skills, both with machine tools and bench tools, in fabrication, restoration, finishing, as well as wiring and assembly. It is especially relevant for those interested in antiques, restoration, architecture, interior design, and metalwork.
The ideal person for this job will have:
1. Three years experience in metalworking skills such as might be found in machining, jewelry-making, classic car restoration, musical instrument repair… or just general good shop hands.
2. Strong, quick, computer skills, Experience with common MS office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Your duties will require you to:
1. Document and track objects as they arrive, through the restoration process, and to their display in the showrooms.
2. Assist in planning the restoration process of new inventory.
3. Work in the shops, hands-on, extensively, SAFELY.
4. Coordinate and set up jobs for others with production planning and the fabrication, finishing, and assembly fore-people.
5. Assist in the packing and hanging/display of finished objects in the factory and in our showrooms.
6. You will have to lift and handle heavy objects up to 40 lbs, climb ladders, and use powertools daily
7. Enter and manage database records including both text and images.
We offer a friendly work environment and a passion for craftsmanship and innovation. If you love hands on work in the decorative arts drop us a line.
Full Time, Salaried, 401K, PTO, Health, Dental
Please respond with a cover letter, verifiable resume, and have references available. Please include your compensation requirements. Samples of your recent work are appreciated.
Job Type: Full-time