Technical Solutions Engineer - #292195
Date: 06/11/2021 18:01 PM
City: Cary, North Carolina
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Arista Networks pioneered software-driven, cognitive cloud networking for large-scale
datacenter and campus environments. Arista's award-winning platforms, ranging in
Ethernet speeds from 10 to 400 gigabits per second, redefine scalability, agility and
resilience. Arista has shipped more than 20 million cloud networking ports worldwide
with CloudVision and EOS, an advanced network operating system. Committed to open
standards, Arista is a founding member of the 25/50G consortium. Arista Networks
products are available worldwide directly and through partners.
Going far beyond the standard call center or tiered support position, the Technical Solutions Engineer -TSE (Next-Gen Products) at Arista Networks is a top-level engineer and equivalent to a Tier 3 or Escalation Engineer in most support organizations.
Our Next-Gen Products TSEs work together to support all of Arista’s products and the many network protocols and features focusing on Converged Cloud Fabric(CCF) and DANZ Monitoring Fabric(DMF). He or she will work directly with both the customer and (when needed) the software and hardware development teams. The Next-Gen Products TSE team also performs all their own recreates in a dedicated lab environment.
At Arista, we believe that giving our customers direct access to a high-level engineer streamlines the support process and leads to customer satisfaction.
- Post-sales support for Arista products focusing on Converged Cloud Fabric(CCF) and DANZ Monitoring Fabric(DMF).
- Respond to customer product inquiries via telephone or email.
- Resolve customer concerns raised during installation, operation, and maintenance as well as product application or compatibility inquiries.
- Interpersonal skills, product knowledge/expertise are critical to responding to daily, customer-centric activities.
- Troubleshoot problems with hardware/software applications and recommend corrective action.
- Document customer communication and recurring technical issues to support product quality programs and product development.
- Minimum of 1-5 years hands-on experience and a combination of designing, deploying, configuring, supporting, troubleshooting, debugging, and/or administering the following network protocols and/or technologies:
AAA/TACACS, ACL, ARP, BGP (RFC 4271), DHCP, 1G/10G Ethernet (IEEE 802.3ab & IEEE 802.3ae), Flow Control, ICMP, IGMP, IPv4 & IPv6, LACP, LLDP, Open Flow, OSPF (RFC 2328), PIM, Sflow, SNMP, STP/RSTP/MST (IEEE 802.1d), VARP/VRRP, VLAN (IEEE 802.1q), VRF
Working experience with
- Server virtualization highly desired (VMware ESXi, Microsoft Hyper-V, KVM, etc)
Networking troubleshooting tools such as IXIA, tcpdump, and Wireshark are highly desired.
- Familiarity with TCP/IP and the traditional networking technologies required
- Linux OS navigation required
- Containers (Kubernetes, Docker, etc.) highly desired
The ideal candidate possesses the ability to troubleshoot complex and dynamic customer environments while balancing the communications needs of each case. A strong analytical mind is required with the ability to triage effectively in order to function efficiently in this role. As we are continually releasing new features and products and thus a high aptitude for both learning and teaching are required.
Our engineers work closely with other members of Customer Engineering as well as Software and Hardware development in diagnosing problems as well as communicating with them in multiple technical contexts. This requires an ability to work collaboratively and excellent written/verbal communication skills.
Minimum education is an MS in a technical field (CS/EE/Networking majors preferred). Industry certifications preferred. Prior customer-facing experience preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.