Senior Engineer, Failure Analysis Engineering - #292203
Date: 06/11/2021 18:01 PM
City: Milpitas, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The future. It’s on you. You & Western Digital. We’ve been storing the world’s data for more than 50 years. Once, storage was the most important thing we could do for data. Now we’re helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and governments come to us for the technologies and solutions they need to capture, preserve, access, and transform their data.
But we can’t do it alone. Today’s exceptional data challenges require your exceptional skills. It’s You & Us. Together, we’re the next big thing in data.
Western Digital® data-centric solutions are found under the G-Technology™, SanDisk®, and WD® brands.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The individual will be responsible for performing failure analysis on customer returns for eMMC/UFS products. Define failure root cause and enhance production flow to improve product quality.
- Troubleshooting from system level to component level. Interfacing with design, firmware, process, product, test and reliability engineering to solve problems.
- Providing feedback and clarifies issues to customers.
- The ideal candidate will have an engineering MS degree or equivalent. Working experiment on NAND relative industry for at least 5 years.
- Familiar with C programming language is mandatory. Good knowledge on microelectronics or device physics. Good English comprehension (written and verbal).
- A proven desire to work as a team member, both on the same team and outside of the team. Ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex problems.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines. Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Because Western Digital thrives on the power of diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect, and contribution, we are committed to giving every qualified applicant and employee an equal opportunity. Western Digital does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on their protected class status and complies with all federal and state laws against discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, as well as the laws and regulations set forth in the 'Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law' poster.
Part of creating a diverse and inclusive workplace includes ensuring that all qualified applicants and employees are provided equal consideration for any available opportunity. Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with a disability. If you need a reasonable accommodation, email us at [email protected] In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.