MCR Generalist-LFO Admin - #292215
Date: 06/11/2021 18:30 PM
City: Muscatine, Iowa
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
HNI Corporation, an industry leader in workplace furnishings, is in search of a Human Resources Generalist for LFO Admin to join their Leveraged Furniture Operations (LFO) team of HON and Allsteel in Muscatine, Iowa!
Officially titled "MCR" – Member and Community Relations – our MCR Generalists are part of a strong team of human resource professionals, whose roles encompass many facets of member relations, recruitment and performance development, and strategic organizational team building. As an MCR professional in our manufacturing facilities, you will be very active with a strong plant-floor presence, requiring a high level of engagement, creativity, and passion for helping others while supporting the objectives of the organization!
As an ideal candidate for a position as an MCR Generalist, you will need to have a minimum of 1-3 years of experience in human resources. Experience from a manufacturing organization is ideal, but we will consider a background that involved high volume of employees, diverse employee relations, and an emphasis on recruitment, and talent development and management. An MCR role on the HON and Allsteel LFO team affords you ample opportunity to make significant personal and organizational impact and offer great potential for growth and development for years to come!
Some of the essential aspects of the MCR Generalist position include:
- Partner with Business Leaders, and your MCR team members to build organizational capabilities that enable the facility and company to reach its goals
- Drive higher levels of member engagement to increase performance and retention
- Utilize MCR operational best practices to provide immediate solutions to resolve issues around members and business leaders
- Execute Talent Management processes around workforce planning, talent recruitment and on-boarding, performance and leadership development, and succession management
What it takes:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field
- PHR Certification preferable but not required
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in a progressive human resources role
- Building and implementing employee development programs in a broad scale environment
- Excellent communication skills with ability to work effectively with members across the organization
We look forward to hearing from you!
Why HNI Corporation?
HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI) is a manufacturer of workplace furnishings and building products, operating under two segments. The workplace furnishings segment is a leading global designer and provider of commercial furnishings, going to market under multiple unique brands. The residential building products segment is the nation's leading manufacturer and marketer of hearth products, which include a full array of gas, electric, wood, and pellet-burning fireplaces, inserts, stoves, facings, and accessories.
As one of the larger employers in Iowa, HNI Corporation has been ranked by Industry Week magazine as one of the "Top 100 Best Managed Companies in the World", by Fortune magazine as "The Most Admired Company" in the furniture industry; and named by Chief Executive Magazine as one of the world's best companies for leadership development.
Leveraged Furniture Operations (LFO) is the branded name for our furniture manufacturing and operations structure. This encompasses all roles in manufacturing, plant engineering, supply chain, distribution and logistics, as well as some roles in finance and accounting, and human resources. By centralizing these key functions, we enhance our efficiencies, reduce costs, and ultimately improve our customer's experience with HNI! When you accept a role in LFO, you'll have the opportunity to make a significant impact on both our future and yours with work that matters, empowerment and autonomy, and growth without limits.
We invite you to visit us at www.HNICorp.com for the best visual overview of our organization.