Nurse Infirmary - #292217
State of Kentucky
Date: 06/11/2021 18:30 PM
City: Louisville, Kentucky
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The Office of Vocational Rehabilitation empowers individuals with disabilities to maximize employment, achieve economic self-sufficiency and independence, and to contribute back to society. We also help businesses and employers recruit, retain and accommodate employees with disabilities.
We are seeking a Nurse Infirmary to provide a full range of nursing services in a facility infirmary with limited treatment services for the Charles McDowell Rehabilitation Center.
- Provide health-related instruction to consumers including the following: the prevention and management of disease; adaptive strategies for students with visual impairment; and basic health and wellness topics.
- Monitor the health of Center students and may consult with Physicians regarding medical issues.
- Serve on various committees to ensure students' health and safety issues are addressed and the Center is in compliance with policies and regulations.
- Responsible for coordinating CPR and First Aid training for Center staff. Ensures all medical supplies and First Aid are properly stocked. Ensures proper documentation for MDS (Material Data Sheets), and provides related education to students and staff.
- Work collaboratively with team members to ensure the needs of students are met on a daily basis.
- Participate in all assigned meetings and complete documentation related to the training status of students.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: See Special Requirements.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, OR SKILLS: Must have one year of experience as a Registered Nurse.
Substitute EDUCATION for EXPERIENCE: NONE
Substitute EXPERIENCE for EDUCATION: NONE
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (AGE, LICENSURE, REGULATION, ETC.): Must be licensed in Kentucky as a registered nurse or possess a valid work permit issued by the Kentucky Board of Nursing. https://apps.legislature.ky.gov/law/statutes/statute.aspx?id=44650 https://apps.legislature.ky.gov/law/statutes/statute.aspx?id=48253 http://www.kbn.ky.gov/ http://www.kbn.ky.gov/ Must maintain any required licensure(s), certification(s), or other credentials for the length of employment in this classification. Employing agency is responsible for ensuring employee possesses and maintains required licensure(s), certification(s) or other credentials.
Work typically is in a correctional, institutional setting. Work is hazardous due to job location in a correctional facility.
This job has an initial and promotional probationary period of 6 months, except as provided in KRS 18A.111.
If you have questions about this advertisement, please contact Chris Milburn at Chris.Milburn@ky.gov.