Respiratory Therapist, (Nights) Cambridge Inpatient (Part Time) - #292227
Partners Healthcare System
Date: 06/11/2021 18:30 PM
City: Cambridge, Massachusetts
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Perform activities in diagnostic evaluation, therapy, life-sustaining techniques, and education of patients and families of all age groups, neonatal to geriatric. Require a high level of expertise in ventilator management and sophisticated diagnostic procedures.
- Perform respiratory procedures per established guidelines.
- Clinical assessment is completed for all age groups, including breathing patterns, ABG interpretation, CSR, pulmonary waveforms, and other non-invasive monitoring.
- Patient's clinical condition report is communicated effectively, including key plan of care.
- Respiratory therapy consultation and support is provided to other healthcare team members.
- Documentation and billing is completed per Meditech policy.
- Respiratory devices and interventions are maintained per manufacturer and department guidelines.
- Clinical resource support is provided daily for respiratory staff and facility.
- Additional department, organization, or network activities are completed per established objectives.
- PCC Organizational Values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence are upheld.
Qualifications and Experience
- Associate's Degree required.
- For Senior Respiratory Therapist: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent and 5 years experience as Registered Respiratory Therapist required.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist.
- Current Massachusetts Respiratory Care License.
Skills (Specific learned activity gained through training (e.g. computer skills, keyboarding, presentation, CPR, ACLS, etc.)
- Basic and advanced respiratory skills.
- BLS certified.
- Computer proficiency required. Microsoft office applications preferred with ability to learn new software.
- Maintain variable work schedule to meet department needs. (evenings, holidays, weekends and travel).
- Highly developed communications and interpersonal skills, working with diverse population.
- Work independently, be self-directed and contribute as a member of a team.
- Anticipates challenges and develops and implements strategies for addressing them.
- High level of service delivery. Demonstrate initiative with ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and adapt to changing situations.
- Attention to detail.