Missile Defense Futures Lab (MDFL) Project Manager 2 - #292271
Date: 06/11/2021 19:30 PM
City: Huntsville, Alabama
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Category: Program Management Location: Huntsville, Alabama US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes Clearance Type: Secret Telecommute: No –Teleworking not available for this position Shift: 1st Shift Travel Required: Yes, 10 % of the Time Positions Available: 1
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today. Northrop Grumman is seeking a Missile Defense Futures Lab (MDFL) Project Manager 2 located in Huntsville, AL The MDFL Project Manager responsibilities include day-to-day coordination, execution and scheduling of the Missile Defense Futures Lab (MDFL) Job Responsibilities: The overall responsibility for the lab will reside with the Lab Manager and will include all actions required to keep the lab running to be accredited.
- Oversee the operation of the lab to support multiple customers in the Space Sector that will use the lab for government Request For Information (RFI), Broad Agency Announcements (BAA), Requests for Proposal (RFP) and customer demonstrations.
- Operate the state-of-the art Audio/Visual equipment and networks (MDACnet, THOR, NGPCN, Local isolated LAN) in the various rooms within the vision lab. This will include the Presentation Center, Command Center, TS/SCI space, SAP space and various collateral secret conference rooms.
- Coordinate with the users of the MDFL in order to understand their needs and ensure that multiple users of the MDFL can be accommodated during simultaneous events.
- Champion of the MDFL and will make sure that all the equipment is maintained/operational. Give recommendations to the Missile Defense Solutions (MDS) Business Unit leadership on upgrades and changes to the lab each year.
- 7 years of experience with a Bachelors' degree; 5 years of experience with a Masters' degree and 4 years with a PHD in a relevant field.
- Proven experience leading projects with budget and schedule requirements
- Experience in a Network, IT or Systems Engineering role with responsibilities in the planning, designing, implementation, testing, and delivery network solutions
- Strong knowledge of Network Engineering and IT practices, network and infrastructure technologies, system development life-cycles and methodologies, and insight into information technology infrastructure management/monitoring and applications
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.