Critical Care Nurse Residency- Fall 2021 - #292272
Christiana Care Health System
Date: 06/11/2021 19:30 PM
City: Newark, Delaware
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Senior Nurses, Nurse Graduates and new RN's, it is time to apply for our Critical Care Nurse Residency starting Fall 2021!
The ChristianaCare Nurse Residency Program is accredited with distinction as a Practice Transition Program by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation in Practice Transition Programs. ChristianaCare Nurse Residency Program is recognized by the ANCC Practice Transition Accreditation Program® (PTAP) as an Industry-Recognized Apprenticeship Programs (IRAP).
Research demonstrates that new to practice nurses completing a structured and accredited residency program leads to an increase in competency, reduction of error, reduced self-reported stress, and increased job satisfaction. Therefore, we are committed to supporting all registered nurses with under one year of experience through a nurse residency specialty track. This exciting curriculum integrates lecture and simulation education, peer support, and preceptor-led clinical experiences structured to foster critical thinking, evidence-based practice, interdisciplinary collaboration, effective communication, quality and safety, and professional development.
The critical care nurse resident will complete preceptor-led training for 5-weeks on a stepdown unit prior to completing two critical care unit rotations at our Newark and Wilmington campuses. Upon successful demonstration of competency, they will be hired as a staff nurse within the critical care units of the program. Participating units may include: Surgical ICU (Shock/Trauma), Neuro ICU, Medical ICU, Cardiovascular ICU, Wilmington campus ICU (Medical/Surgical combination), Post Anesthesia Care at Newark and Wilmington. The nurse resident completes approximately 26 weeks of preceptor-led training followed by continued residency meetings during months 8, 10, and 12 to further develop as professional nurses and integral members of our caregiver team.
Nurse residents are required to pass State Boards and be licensed as a RN in the State of Delaware prior to starting position. Upon hire, a commitment agreement to work at the ChristianaCare will be signed. The agreement requires completion of 3744 post-orientation productive work hours in one of the Critical Care training areas. Individuals unable to fill this commitment will be charged $10,000.
- Graduating from accredited nursing school before November 2021 (BSN Preferred)
- BLS required
- Less than 12 months of nursing experience by the start of the program
- Eligible for Delaware license as a Graduate Nurse/Registered Nurse
How to apply
- In the section "My Experience," on the application, be sure to upload your cover letter and transcripts in the section "Resume/CV/Other Documents." PDF format works best.
- Submit a cover letter for the Critical Care Nurse Residency expressing your interest in this specific program/specialty.
- Please address your cover letter to Amy Sutor.
- Transcript (unofficial)
- Two clinical recommendations will be required, but not at the time of the application. If it is determined the minimum qualifications are met, a separate email will be sent from an outside vendor for you to provide us with your clinical instructors' information.
What to Expect After Application:
- Communication from Talent Acquisition Team about specific next steps, including: video interview and clinical references
- Applications to be sent for review by residency coordinators
- Digital real-time interviews
- Offers to be made in stages following
If you have any issues with your application or any inquiries, please contact Cathleen Mengel, the Nurse Residency recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is important to note that the DE licensure process may take 6-8 weeks to complete and the failure to do so will directly impact employees' ability to start a position if an offer is made. We strongly encourage applicants to visit the DE Board of Nursing website and begin the fingerprinting and background check process immediately after you submit your application.
Post End Date
Jul 9, 2021
EEO Posting Statement
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.