LVN/LPN, Residential - #292277
Discovery Behavioral Health
Date: 06/11/2021 19:30 PM
City: Cypress, Texas
Contract type: Part Time
Work schedule: Full Day
At Center For Discovery you will have the opportunity to work closely within a team of professionals consisting of eating disorder and mental health experts, all dedicated to promoting lasting health and healing. Clinical supervision and guidance are provided on total client care and therapeutic milieu management, as well as career growth and personal development oversight. You will develop an individualized growth plan which will help you develop your professional skills and career objectives.
If you are looking for an organization that thrives on growth, celebrates diversity of thought, and rewards passionate execution, you’ve come to the right place. Because we put clients first, it is our honor to support and reward those who serve them.
The LVN/LPN is responsible for assisting and supporting residents through the entire treatment experience from admission through discharge. The LVN/LPN is responsible for communicating observations and insights to the treatment team (i.e. therapists, dietitian, psychiatrist, pediatrician and facility administrator) to ensure the team is comprehensively addressing each client’s issues. The LVN/LPN introduces each new client to his/her fellow residents and the treatment staff, and orients each client to the rules, expectations, and routine of the daily treatment schedule.
- Ensures all orders from physician/psychiatrist are carried out and any information about clients and their wellbeing is promptly and clearly communicated to physician/ psychiatrist and in treatment team meetings.
- Follows and implements the Nursing Care Plan.
- Follows orders from physician and psychiatrist.
- Dispenses medication as prescribed.
- Counts narcotics each day, logs appropriately.
- Performs primary first aid and determines need for physician notification.
- Performs vital signs.
- Performs weekly blood draws, where applicable.
- Maintains NG tube and administration of bolus feeds, where applicable.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Responsible to ensure all the medications needed by the clients are ordered appropriately and available in the facility.
- Manages and orders supplies and keeps a fully stocked and operational nursing station.
- Ensures all medications have consent forms. Ensures all the orders on shift are carried out and documented appropriately for each client.
- Manages client’s medical needs including schedule appointments, complete referral/ prior authorizations for medical treatments and tests as indicated.
- Supports client during admission processes. This may include checking in client belongings, acclimating client to the program and milieu.
- Effectively and professionally communicates with families/loved ones, as appropriate.
- Able to effectively and professionally establish rapport with clients and loved ones.
- Provides milieu management throughout the treatment experience and communicates with all team members.
- Supervises and supports clients on community outings, when necessary.
- Objectively and accurately documents client progress on a daily basis.
- Assists with discharge process.
- Will work during meal periods to provide supervision and support to clients.
- Maintains an organized and safe environment.
- Makes timely requests for any absences and ensures coverage for any scheduled shift.
- Required to sit at a meal and a snack on every shift.
- Assesses clients suicidality and possibility of danger to self or others.
- Communicates with referral sources and outpatient providers for continuity of care upon admission, midpoint, and discharge, including the use of Discovery Connect.
This is a part-time position that will work every other weekend overnight Friday 11PM-7AM, Saturday 7pm-7am.
For a virtual tour of the facility, please visit our website at centerfordiscovery.com.
- LVN/LPN Certification
- Must be licensed in current state
- Must have considerable knowledge of nursing principles and practice
- Must demonstrate knowledge of medications and their proper application and use
- Must be able to take vital signs and provide first aid
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
For more information about our company benefits, please visit us at discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/Imprint