Billing Administrator - #292279
Applied Research Associates, Inc.
Date: 06/11/2021 19:30 PM
City: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Applied Research Associate's (ARA) Corporate Accounting department seeking a passionate and driven Billing Administrator who is committed to excellence and continuous improvement. Our Accounts Receivable team serves the dedicated employees and leaders who have made ARA the success it is today. ARA is an employee-owned company whose mission is to solve problems of global importance.
What you'll do as a Billing Administrator
- Review of new contracts and contract setup to ensure accuracy
- Monthly invoicing of government and commercial clients on Fixed Price, Time & Materials and Cost Reimbursable contracts
- Reconcile billing to monthly project summaries to ensure billing accuracy and completeness
- Maintain files; provide invoice and supporting documentation to customers as needed
- Respond to inquiries related to services billing
- Monitor aging of invoices and make collection calls as necessary
- Provide audit support and respond to various billing queries
- Other duties or special projects as needed
Billing Administrator Requirements
- 3 years of experience in Accounts Receivable billing and collections
- Professional, reliable, willing to learn and take initiative
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Detail-oriented and good organizational skills
- Must be able to multi-task and work within strict deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Able to work with various customer electronic billing systems
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles
- Excellent analytical skills
Billing Administrator Preferences
- Prior work experience in a government contracting environment, billing cost reimbursable contracts
- Deltek Costpoint billing experience
- Experience using Wide Area Work Flow for government billing
- Collections of aged receivables
Company & Division Information
At Applied Research Associates, Inc we value families and maintaining a healthy work-life balance. We offer employees-owners the flexibility to tackle both work and personal responsibilities and encourages a family-friendly environment. We offer flexible schedules within a core hour range. We also provide paid holidays, personal time off, bereavement leave, pet insurance, and comprehensive health benefits for the whole family, including domestic partners.
ARA is an employee-owned international research and engineering company recognized for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. The company, founded in Albuquerque, NM, in 1979, currently employs over 1,500 professionals and continues to grow. ARA offices throughout the United States and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense technologies, civil technologies, computer software and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement. The corporation also provides sophisticated technical products for environmental site characterization, pavement analysis, and robotics.
At ARA, employees are our greatest assets. We realize that employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. ARA gives its employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take more active roles as owners. The culture is challenging; innovation and experimentation are the norm. Employees are eligible for contributions which not only add to the company's success, but also their own through the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Our motto is "Engineering and Science That Matters for Fun & Profit" and we live our core values of Passion, Freedom, Service and Growth every day. For additional information and an opportunity to join our unique team, please visit our website at www.ara.com.