Pharmacy Technician - #292280
Date: 06/11/2021 19:30 PM
City: Alamogordo, New Mexico
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Join our team of talented healthcare professionals! CompleteRx has an opening for a PRN Pharmacy Technician to help provide exceptional patient care at a 99 bed acute care facility located in Alamogordo, New Mexico. This position will assist as needed with coverage during the day, evening or weekend shift at the outpatient pharmacy.
Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center has served the communities for over 67 years providing excellence in healthcare services. GCRMC is an acute care medical center with additional licenses for 12 inpatient rehab beds and 38 psychiatric beds. The medical center is a non profit accredited by DNV.
Why Join CompleteRx?
At CompleteRx, we believe healthcare should be about serving others. That's why our mission is to deliver better care and better service, through innovation. The goal of our exceptional teams is to perform like champions. This means we are committed to being the best at delivering quality care to the patients we serve. Each team member's dedication is essential to meeting and exceeding the needs of our patients and families.
What You Will Do
- Ensures procurement and distribution of drug orders
- Identifies and fills replacement medications on emergency crash carts, OR carts and floor stock accurately
- Prepares sterile products (including chemotherapy and parenteral nutrition) accurately
- Delivers medications and supplies to patient care and ancillary areas accurately
- Rotates stock to ensure use before expiration date
- Picks up orders, requisitions and medications for return from patient care areas when on delivery rounds
- Enters charges and credits for patient medications accurately
- Identifies and replaces outdated and unusable drugs
What You Will Need
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Six months pharmacy technician experience preferably in a hospital setting
- Possess current pharmacy technician registration in State of employment/practice if required
- Possess I.V. certification if required in State of employment/practice and/or work location
- Possess National Pharmacy Technician Certification (CPhT) if required in State of employment/practice. Where not required, it is preferred.
- Successful completion of a formal Pharmacy Technician training course preferred
Compensation & Benefits:
As an employee of CompleteRx, your commitment to learning will be encouraged and supported through ongoing training and professional development. We nurture a collaborative, high performance culture and offer a challenging career along with a comprehensive benefit package.
- Medical, dental, vision: As a healthcare leader, we know how important it is to have good coverage. Employees can tailor the right combination of plans to fit their needs.
- Flexible spending account: We offer flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care. Employees can use this benefit to build up savings for eligible expenses.
- Vacation and sick time: Eligible employees enjoy generous time off.
- Continuing education: Eligible employees have access to a full complement of continuing-education courses as well as a wide variety of career development opportunities.
- 401(k) plans: CompleteRx provides a 401(k) plan with match.
- License Reimbursement
- Short and Long Term Disability
Founded in 1998 as a service-driven organization with a strong sense of community, CompleteRx embarked on a strategy to become the employer of choice in hospital pharmacy management and consulting. Since our founding we believe our success has been driven by our employees who are our most valuable resources. We believe the very best outcomes are accomplished when all employees share a sense of mutual ownership for successful results and where each employee accepts personal accountability for their individual contributions. These beliefs are the core of our Team Covenant which guides all of our actions to the patients we care for, hospitals we support and fellow employees we work alongside of.
CompleteRx is an Equal Opportunity Employer by choice.