Seasonal Distribution Center (DC) Associate - #292287
Genuine Parts Company
Date: 06/11/2021 19:31 PM
City: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The Seasonal DC Stock Associate is primarily responsible for the accurate unloading of inbound freight; uses a radio frequency (RF) gun to locate and select merchandise for shipment to stores; case opening procedures to include scanning all boxes, opening cases, and then placing products on the correct shelves, and pulling products to fulfill customer orders.
Full Time & Part Time positions available for 1st shift, 2nd shift and Weekend shift!!! No experience is required.
- Accurately operate a radio frequency scanning device.
- Efficiently and accurately process orders by packing merchandise for shipment to stores and customers.
- Perform general housekeeping to keep work areas clean
- Properly follow company and OSHA safety procedures.
- Work well with others in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to read, write, conduct business related mathematics and analyze data as required.
- Brings problems to the attention of the supervisor, manager, safety director or HR manager.
- Follows daily procedures and protocols as set forth in job orientations and trainings.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Candidates must be 16 or older, have a positive attitude, be open to learning, work well with others and have the willingness to be a great teammate.
- Required to stand (stationary position) during scheduled hours. Hours usually include weekends, evenings and holidays in conjunction with labor regulations
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring repetitive motion for a full shift.
- Repeated reaching above and/or below shoulder level frequently.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to communicate using various methods.
- Kneeling, stooping, using stairs, reaching, pulling and moving weights of 5-50lbs constantly and team lift for anything over 50lbs.
- Ability to move 50lbs at least 25ft in distance.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.