Diesel & Trailer Mechanic - #292305
Amerit Fleet Solutions
Date: 06/11/2021 20:01 PM
City: Pueblo, Colorado
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Diesel and Trailer Mechanic
Guaranteed 40 hrs/week, Overtime, Benefits after 30 days, Paid Weekly, and Opportunity for growth in the company!
Our Colorado team is growing and looking for a Diesel Technician to join. The technician position requires high level of proficiency and working knowledge related to medium and heavy duty maintenance and repairs. The ideal technician will have experience and familiarity working with diesel tractor and trailers, PMs, brakes, air brakes, inspections, diagnostics, and electrical. The technician will be required to work outdoors.
Shift: Mon-Fri starting at 6:30 am
Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental, 401K, and Life Insurance
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare vehicle records and report both manually and on a computer
- Perform repairs and preventative maintenance to medium and heavy duty vehicles
- Perform safety inspections of equipment and prepare safety documentation required
- Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
- Inspect and perform work on the under parts of vehicles
- Access any area of the equipment or vehicle to perform necessary maintenance
- Move parts to and from the job site and remove or install these parts on vehicles
- Interact with clients through both email or phone as necessary
- Perform other duties as required
Key Competencies and Minimum Education
- Experience working on diesel tractors and trailers
- Experience with PMs, oil changes, brakes, air brakes, inspections, diagnostics, and electrical
- Experience with Cummins engines and diagnostics preferred
- Proficient computer skills: knowledge of Excel, Word, Fleet Management Systems, and Email
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.)
- Must provide own hand tools & toolbox.
- Exposure to heavy traffic areas while performing the duties of the job.
- Exposure to considerable amounts of dust, diesel fumes and noise.
- Exposure to chemicals, oils, greases or other irritants
- Ability to work outside in various weather conditions.