Occupational Therapist Butterworth Inpatient Acute Care Resource PRN - #292310
Date: 06/11/2021 20:01 PM
City: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
CURRENT SPECTRUM HEALTH TEAM MEMBERS – Please apply through Find Jobs from your Workday team member account. This career site is for Non-Spectrum Health team members only.
Provides therapy to patients based on patient need and medical direction. Provides patient/caregiver education and arranges for adaptive equipment as needed.
- Performs evaluation procedures to assess the level of disability with regard to scope of practice, goals and a plan of treatment, and to make appropriate recommendations.
- Provides a treatment program and education to restore and return maximal function to the patient. Assesses effectiveness of treatment and modifies goals / treatment methods, as needed to meet changing needs.
- Documents evaluation and treatment of each patient in compliance with department standards, medical-legal and reimbursement procedures.
- Instructs and trains other rehabilitation staff, nursing, other medical personnel and students regarding patient needs and rehabilitation services.
- Participates in ongoing process improvement, patient satisfaction initiatives/improvement, program development and marketing activities.
- Demonstrates productivity as indicated by department standard.
- Improves skill areas as demonstrated by applying continuing education in-services, participating in competencies in applicable areas, and developing new concepts of patient care and additional skills with various population groups.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent from an accredited occupational therapy program (Required)
- Preferred Master's Degree
- Occupational Therapist, Registered (OTR) - NB-COT National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy Upon Hire (Required)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) - AHA American Heart Association Or Basic Life Support (BLS) - ARC American Red Cross 90 Days (Required)
SITE - Spectrum Health Butterworth Hospital - 100 Michigan St - Grand Rapids
Variable (United States of America)
Weekly Scheduled Hours
Hours of Work
7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Monday to Friday (Variable)
Every fourth weekend
Accommodation Notice: If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in Spectrum Health's application process. Contact us at 616-486-SHHR (7447).
Spectrum Health grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected
category. See more here.