Tech, Nutrition Services Associate-SIGN ON BONUS!!! - #292313
Date: 06/11/2021 20:01 PM
City: Ludington, Michigan
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
CURRENT SPECTRUM HEALTH TEAM MEMBERS – Please apply through Find Jobs from your Workday team member account. This career site is for Non-Spectrum Health team members only.
SIGN ON BONUS!
Performs a variety of routine tasks within the Nutrition Services Department using established practices and procedures. Fully functioning in one area of responsibility.
- Prepares and maintains serving lines including dishes, silverware, hot and cold food items, condiments, etc. Prepares and assembles cold food items such as salads, desserts and nourishments and ensures that all food and other items used are properly stored, refrigerated and dated.
- Serves food as directed, replenishing items as needed. Disassembles and cleans food stations after use by wiping counters, steam tables and warmers.
- Sets up and operates the cash register station and cash handling equipment to ensure the accurate collection of payments. Counts and balances the cash register, records totals, and deposits money to appropriate location.
- Performs routine and heavy-duty cleaning such as washing, scraping, scouring, and rinsing pots, pans, utensils and other equipment. Loads, operates, and unloads the dishwasher. Checks and stores all clean equipment in an orderly fashion. Cleans major equipment such as ovens, grills, dish machine, steam tables, mixers, etc. Transports refuse and/or other materials in large carts in a manner that ensures the safety of self and others. Maintains sanitary conditions through the completion of daily cleaning assignments including but not limited to cleaning, sweeping, mopping, and operating the mechanical floor cleaner.
- Sets up and delivers food carts to patient and other food delivery areas. Retrieves carts and returns them to the dish room for cleaning. Strips patient and cafeteria trays and sorts soiled equipment in preparation for cleaning.
- Works assigned station on the tray line, assembling patient trays in accordance to established standards meeting dietary requirements. Assembles patient trays with appropriate speed, accuracy and appearance. Delivers trays to patients verifying room numbers, bed numbers, birth dates and patient names to ensure delivery to the correct patient.
- Routinely participates in selected quality monitoring activities such as taking and recording food, refrigeration, dish machine temperatures, and other related quality assurance activities. Assists with the care and maintenance of department facilities, equipment, and supplies reporting malfunctions to management.
- Preferred High School Diploma or equivalent
- CRT-Work Permit - UNKNOWN Unknown
SITE - Spectrum Health Ludington Hospital - 1 Atkinson Dr - Ludington
Nutrition Services - Ludington
Weekly Scheduled Hours
Hours of Work
Every other weekend
Accommodation Notice: If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in Spectrum Health's application process. Contact us at 616-486-SHHR (7447).
Spectrum Health grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected
category. See more here.