Housekeeper - #292316
Regency Retirement Community of Birmingham
Date: 06/11/2021 20:30 PM
City: Birmingham, Alabama
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Purpose of Your Job Position
The primary purpose of your job position is to perform the day-to-day activities of the Housekeeping Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations governing our facility, and as may be directed by the Executive Director or Administrator, and/or the Director of Housekeeping, to assure that our facility is maintained in a clean, safe, and comfortable manner.
Delegation of Authority
As a Housekeeper, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.
Must be able to read and write the English language; High School Education or Equivalent Preferred.
Some housekeeping preferred; however on-the-job training provided.
Physical and Sensory Requirements (With or without the aid of Mechanical Devices):
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day
- Must be able to speak and write the English language in an understandable manner
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position
- Must possess sight/hearing senses or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met
- Must function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with the residents, resident's family members and coworkers
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of this facility
- Must be able to push, pull, move and/or lift a minimum of 20 lbs and maximum of 50 lbs and be able to push, pull, move and/or carry such weight for reasonable distances
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations