Registered Dental Hygienist - #292317
Aria Care Partners
Date: 06/11/2021 20:30 PM
City: Des Moines, Iowa
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Compassionate Care Tailored to the Unique Needs of Seniors
Aria Care Partners provides onsite oral, vision and hearing services to residents in long term care facilities across the country. Our mission is to enrich the quality of life for every resident with passion and compassion. What we do matters. We care, fully. We work as a team. We stand for excellence—always.
We are seeking an energetic and self-motivated Registered Dental Hygienist to join our team in Des Moines, IA driving up to a 3 hour radius. You must demonstrate responsibility and compassion for our patients and act as an ambassador to the elderly to assist with their dental needs.
The RDH is responsible for providing treatment to residents in the long term care facilities we partner with. You will work with the DDS, internal clinical team and facility staff to ensure the needs are being met and providing everyone a reason to smile!
- Review patients lists prior to visit and ensure supplies/equipment are prepared for each clinical visit.
- Arrive on time and check in with dental contact and review list of patients to be seen at the facility.
- Transport, set-up and take down equipment and supplies in room designated as work space by facility.
- Work with contacts at nursing home to coordinate transfer of patients and chart to and from the treatment room.
- Explain procedures as they are completed to patient. Follow up with staff at facility to review recommendations for patient.
- Enter chart notes for treatment at the time of treatment.
- Ensure OHSA safety and cleanliness regulations are followed during patient treatment.
- Ensure disposables are handled correctly before leaving facilities.
- Check out with dental contact at facility. Review chart notes/referrals and leave printed copies with facilities for patient charts.
- Work with clinical coordinator on schedule and follow up of patient care and treatment.
- Maintain dental equipment through regular cleaning and maintenance routines.
- Inventory supplies and order as needed.
- Follow regulated OHSA guidelines in handling and sterilization of instruments.
- Utilize personal vehicle for equipment/supply transport and traveling to scheduled facility visits (will be reimbursed business mileage).
- Regular communication via mobile device throughout workday for facility and operational needs.
- Capability to expense out purchases as needed for unforeseen supply needs and other business related expenses.
- Current Registered Dental Hygienist License in good standing.
- 2-3 years' experience preferred.
- Valid Driver's License with no moving violations in the last 5 years.
- Willingness to travel within a 3-hour radius.
- Must have own reliable transportation.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Ability to push/pull + or - 200 lbs. (ex. wheelchair).
- Customer Service Skills – must be able to work with staff at nursing home to ensure that their dental needs are being met.
- Computer Skills – must be able to log chart notes at time of visit.
- Organization – must keep supplies and dentures organized. Must also keep daily schedule organized and updated with most recent schedule changes.
- Multi-Tasker – ability to prioritize and address multiple demands concurrently.
- Communication – must be able to communicate effectively with clinical coordinator, patient, responsible parties and facility staff as necessary.
- Team Mindset – ability to work within a team for the good of the customer.
- Positive Problem Solver – ability to think on your feet and find solutions to a variety of unique issues.
- Openness to continuous improvement of process and customer service experience.