PRN Disaster Human Services Case Manager (DHSCM) - Nationwide - #292324
Date: 06/11/2021 20:31 PM
City: New Orleans, Louisiana
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
It's a great feeling to work for a company that does so much good for others around the world!
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in behavioral sciences, human services, or social services.
- A minimum of one year of progressive employment experience in behavioral science, human services, or social services fields to include child welfare, emergency disaster response, recovery environments and direct client contact (Level I).
- Bachelor's degree with four years progressive experience. (Level II)
- Bilingual (English / Spanish) communication skills strongly preferred.
- Master's degree in behavioral sciences, human services, or social services fields.
- Professional license or certification in behavioral sciences, human services, or social services.
- Prior experience in child welfare, emergency disaster response and/or recovery environments to include working within multi-disciplinary teams to develop case plans with specified goals and outcomes.
- Please note that these positions are PRN (as needed) positions, not full-time.
Critical Action Items:
Assess disaster-related, unmet needs and develop an individualized service plan for disaster recovery.
Coordinate all referrals, service planning, and client documentation for assigned caseload.
Participate in daily operational briefings and adhere to deployment directives as assigned.
Participate in weekly case staffing(s) with Group Supervisor.
Participate in workshops, seminars, education programs and other activities that promote professional growth and development.
Maintain current demographic information within the BCFS HHS HR platform.
Respond to monthly availability polls with in a 24-hour period, regardless of availability; notify the cadre manager of changes in availability following poll response.
Respond to inquiries, requests for assistance and/or direction, and any other requests from program personnel.
Maintain effective and timely communication with supervisory chain, providing input and recommendations regarding individual deployment needs as necessary.
Provide appropriate social services in accordance with contract terms, agency policies and procedures, accreditation bodies, and contract requirements.
Notify supervisor of any accommodations needed prior to deployment.
- Applicants are required to demonstrate prior completion of Incident Command System training including the following FEMA Independent Study courses:
- IS-100 Introduction to the Incident Command System
- IS-200 Basic Incident Command System for Initial Response
- IS-242 Effective Communication
- IS-700 An Introduction to the National Incident Management System
- IS-800 National Response Framework, An Introduction
Proof of course completion for each course above will be required for consideration.
- Credentialing for various types of deployment will be introduced upon hire and will require additional FEMA courses noted below, as well as, completion of specific training programs.
- IS-366 Planning for the Needs of Children in Disasters
- IS-368 Including People with Disabilities & Others with Access and Functional Needs in Disaster Operations
- IS-403 Introduction to Individual Assistance
- IS-405 Overview of Mass Care/Emergency Assistance
- IS-2900 National Disaster Recovery Framework
- Obtain an annual influenza vaccination as recommended by the CDC, unless requesting and granted a medical or religious exemption per BCFS policy 3.29.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of case management services and community resources, federal, state, tribal, and territorial disaster assistance programs, housing and utility assistance, and disability benefits as well as the National Response Framework, Emergency Support Function #6, and National Disaster Recovery Framework.
Working knowledge of whole-community preparedness and response.
Demonstrated computer literacy and working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 applications.
Ability to communicate effectively verbally, in writing, and via various technological platforms.
Familiarity and sensitivity to the service population's cultural and socio-economic characteristics.
Ability to perform in dynamic, fast-paced environments associated with disaster response, while appropriately managing concurrent projects and/or tasks.
Ability to think analytically and evaluate the impact of case management recommendations.
Ability to prioritize work and seek supervisory guidance when needed to ensure safe and efficient service delivery.
Complete all required LMS-based and other required Case Management Program trainings in a timely and consistent manner.
- Possess a valid driver's license, work eligibility status and have an acceptable driving record.
The BCFS System is committed to following immunization recommendations produced by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC). As such, our company policy requires that all employees must receive an annual Influenza vaccination, as well as, a COVID-19 Vaccination or obtain an approved exemption from the BCFS System as a medical or religious accommodation. This is a condition of employment and all new hires will be responsible for providing proof. Additional information regarding this policy requirement will be provided upon hire.
English (United States)
If you like to work with people that believe they can make a difference in the world, this is the company for you!
It is the policy of BCFS System of Companies and its affiliated organizations to provide equal employment opportunity and treat all employees equally regardless of age, race, creed/religion, color, national origin, immigration status or citizenship status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, sex/gender, gender identity, gender expression, disability, genetic information or genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, partnership status, victim of domestic violence, sexual or other reproductive health decisions, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Click here to view the "EEO is the law" poster