Senior Safety Specialist - #292325
Date: 06/11/2021 20:31 PM
City: Portland, Oregon
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Best People + Right Culture. These are the driving forces behind JE Dunn's success.
By hiring inspired people, giving them interesting and challenging work, enabling them with innovative tools, and letting them share in the company's rewards, we've found a sustainable way to grow in our industry for the last 90+ years.
Our diverse teams around the country strive to enrich lives through inspired people and places every day, and we need inspired people like you to join us in our pursuit of building perfection.
The Senior Safety Specialist will coordinate and implement the field safety program for routine and complex construction projects. This position will be responsible for conducting safety inspections, identifying and documenting abatement of hazardous conditions, writing reports and performing trend analysis. All activities will be performed in support of the strategy, vision and values of JE Dunn.
- Autonomy & Decision-Making: Follows directions and refers all exceptions to supervisor.
- Career Path: Safety Manager.
Key Role Responsibilities - Core
SAFETY SPECIALIST FAMILY - CORE
- Coordinates and implements the field safety program for routine construction projects.
- Conducts regular walk-through inspections of construction sites to ensure compliance with laws and Company policies.
- Conducts safety audits on assigned projects by identifying, documenting and recommending abatement of hazardous/potentially hazardous conditions to internal and external clients.Utilizes internal safety management systems to document findings and to track abatement techniques and closure.
- Conducts project-specific new hire orientation and oversees drug and alcohol policy compliance.
- Monitors the implementation of prime contractor and/or subcontractors' safety programs.
- Attends project pre-planning, progress and other relevant project-related meetings to discuss safety-related matters.
- Supports field leadership in the implementation of the safety program specifics, such as meetings, committees and related activities well as chairing the project safety committee.
- Assists in the investigation of project-related accidents. Confers with supervisor to determine root cause and discuss recommendations for changes in the work processes to eliminate recurrence.
- Coordinates with injured employees and clinics to ensure that the worker attends treatment and is returned to work at some capacity in a timely manner. Compiles progress summary reports of injuries for supervisor.
- Monitors site safety incentive program.
Key Role Responsibilities - Additional Core
SENIOR SAFETY SPECIALIST
In addition, this position will be responsible for the following:
- Possesses a higher level of safety knowledge and identifies more complex safety hazards that encompass safety, health and hazardous material matters. Provides more complex abatements solutions.
- Utilizes a higher level of knowledge of equipment, laws and work processes, and applies that knowledge to project-specific safety recommendations.
- Contributes a higher level of communication skills and plays a more active role in meetings.
- Utilizes internal safety management systems and tools to perform trend analysis that identifies safety trends, including problem areas within the project or subcontractors, and provides recommended solutions to mitigate future occurrences.
- Provides guidance and training on basic and some intermediate safety-related topics for new or existing safety and project team personnel.
- Assists safety leadership during insurance audits.
- Oversees more complex projects, including one large or complex project and/or multiple projects.
- Manages controlled insurance program projects.
- Collaborates and communicates with a wide variety of internal and external clients.
- Mentors lower level safety personnel and interns.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to perform work accurately and completely, and in a timely manner.
- Communications skills, verbal and written (Advanced).
- Proficiency in MS Office (Intermediate).
- Knowledge of and ability to enforce all federal, state, local and company safety regulations.
- Proficiency in company safety software/programs, processes and tools (Advanced).
- Ability to recognize hazardous situations and implement corrective measures.
- Ability to build relationships with team members that transcend a project.
- Knowledge of various testing protocols for environmental hazards.
- Proficiency in required construction technology (Intermediate).
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate within a team, internally and externally.
- Bachelor's degree in a safety and health-related field (Preferred).
- In lieu of the above requirements, equivalent relevant experience will be considered.
- 5+ years construction safety experience (Required).
- Data center and/or microelectronics experience preferred.
JE Dunn Construction is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and it is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. JE Dunn Construction is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
JE Dunn provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a job, please submit your request to email@example.com
JE Dunn Construction Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of JE Dunn Construction without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of JE Dunn Construction Company. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Why People Work Here
At JE Dunn we offer our employees an inspired place to enrich their life and the lives of those around them
Building on our rich history, our employee owners are shaping the future of JE Dunn. In our team-focused environment we do life together and are generously rewarded for our efforts
About JE Dunn
Founded in 1924, JE Dunn Construction is a family and employee-owned general contractor with expertise in construction management services, design-build, and integrated project delivery. We deliver transformational solutions to our clients with certainty of results in our pursuit of building perfection. Facts
- 90+ Years of Construction Experience
- 22 office locations coast-to-coast
- Annual revenues in excess of $4 billion
- Consistently ranked Top 25 of the 400 largest general contractors nationwide by Engineering News-Record
- Consistently ranked Top 15 for domestic building by Engineering News-Record
- 2500+ Employee Owners work at JE Dunn
"EEO is the Law" POSTER
"EEO is the Law" SUPPLEMENT
JE Dunn participates in the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
E-Verify Participation (English and Spanish)
Right to Work (English)
Right to Work (Spanish)