Buyer II Job - #292341
Boston Scientific Corporation
Date: 06/11/2021 20:31 PM
City: Cloverdale, Indiana
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Additional Locations: US-IN-Spencer; US-IN-Evansville; US-IN-Fort Wayne; US-IN-Gary/Merrillville; US-IN-Indianapolis; US-IN-Lafayette; US-IN-South Bend; US-IN-Terre Haute
Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
About the Role:
The Buyer II is responsible for supporting manufacturing by procuring raw materials in sufficient quantities to provide for a 100% customer service level while achieving the targeted inventory turn objective. Procuring raw materials at a continually more competitive total cost, while shrinking the supplier base, bringing new technology into the organization and building a professional partnership with suppliers that will be mutually beneficial to both parties. Additionally, the Buyer/Planner II is responsible to thoroughly understand the commodities they support, to give the organization a competitive advantage.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Materials Administration: Generates, adjusts and expedites purchase orders based on MRP (material requirements planning) along with pertinent information being used to run the business that may be more current, i.e. schedule adherence, SOP; Generates buy action based on authorized spending amount; Coordinates with Planning team to maintain optimal service levels and determine the proper priorities for material support; Tracks and monitors purchase orders, keeping informed of any supply problems/delays and communicates any impacts/constraints to key stakeholders including Planning, Manufacturing, Global Sourcing, and site leadership, as applicable; Supports material needs for the new product development process to ensure BSC’s competitive first to market strategy; Sets-up and maintains kanban materials; Assists in identifying on-going cost savings in partnership with Global Sourcing team.
- Supplier Management: Monitors and communicates quality and delivery performance to the supplier; Responsible to resolve vendor related problems (works closely with vendors to assure a positive and professional relationship always establishing and maintaining open lines of communication.)
- Total Quality: Adheres to CGMP and FDA requirements; Reviews and engages in all raw material changes; Maintains accurate purchasing master data, AVL, info record, etc.
- Inventory Management: Formulates purchasing decisions to achieve 100% internal customer service, targeted inventory turns and least total cost material procurement.
What we're looking for in you:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+years of buying/purchasing role in a manufacturing environment
- Strong Excel skills
- SAP and/or Rapid Response knowledge preferred
- Medical device or highly regulated field experience
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Requisition ID: 480542
Nearest Major Market: Bloomington Indiana
Job Segment: Procurement, Medical, ERP, Medical Technology, Purchasing, Operations, Healthcare, Technology, Finance