System Safety Certification Manager - #337301
Date: 07/22/2021 12:00 PM
City: Rex, Georgia
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
As the System Safety Certification Manager, you will indirectly manage System Safety Certification professionals in the application of system safety principles to all aspects of the Authority’s operations in the development, implementation and management of the Authority’s System Safety and Hazard Management Program in accordance with U.S. Federal Transit Administration and Georgia Department of Transportation regulations, standards and guidance. In this role, you develop and enhance processes and procedures as well as create compliance metrics. You will oversee the identification, the investigation, and the cause of hazardous conditions and safety hazards and develops or approves corrective action plans. You will implement hazard management program through hazard identification, risk assessment, hazard mitigation, and hazard tracking/ reporting and work closely with other engineers to increase safety, quality and efficiency.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Manages, indirectly, safety system certification professionals
- Applies system safety principles to all aspects of the Authority’s operations in the development, implementation and management of the Authority’s System Safety and Hazard Management Program in accordance with U. S. Federal Transit Administration and Georgia Department of Transportation regulations, standards and guidance.
- Oversees the performance of safety and security certification in conjunction with planning, designing, procurement, construction, installation, operation, maintenance and decommissioning of transit operating systems and facilities
- Performs work associated with safety and security certification to include establishing safety and security design criteria and verification of design and specification conformance
- Responsible for performing and communicating results of a number of system safety analysis relevant to project phase and complexity such as Hazard Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, and Failure Mode and Effect Analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related discipline is required
- Fifteen or more years of progressively responsible experience in system safety and/or in conducting safety related dependability studies is required
- Must have detailed understanding of the principles of system safety engineering with ability to perform complex engineering and statistical analysis.
- Must have a detailed understanding of the Federal Transit Administration regulations and circulars specific to project delivery and safety systems certification requirements
- Must have certification in transit safety and security
- Must have a valid Georgia driver's license
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.