Ocean Import Pricing Representative – Night Shift - #337312
Date: 07/22/2021 12:00 PM
City: Hawthorne, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 15,000 trained professionals
- 250+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
With proper training from Expeditors, the Pricing Representative with learn and excel at the below:
- Understand all the products and services we offer as a company and how to price effectively.
- Develop expertise on different modes of transport, carriers, routings and finding creative solutions for our customers.
- Understand revenue generation and costs.
- Develop market intelligence and learn to read the market so you can sell effectively.
- Be on the frontline with our customers and a source of knowledge that they trust and reach out to.
Environment: ** We are currently operating in a remote environment until September 1st. Thereafter, the position will require working from the office **
Shift: Sunday - Thursday (6:00pm – 3:00am or 8:00pm – 5:00am) Subject to overtime as deemed necessary.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The Pricing Analyst is responsible for gathering and understanding requirements, quoting, tarrif filings and follow up of all quotes generated for the branch. The role is also responsible for working seamlessly with other stakeholders and ensuring all requests are responded to timely, and in line with the expectations and guidelines set forth by the department. Major duties and responsibilities
- Manage, maintain and respond to all quote requests via the centralized Pricing mailbox and maintain accurate records.
- Provide accurate and timely quotes that are competitive and in line with Company guidelines.
- Follow company guidelines on turnaround time for responses on quote requests.
- Support the Product, Sales and Account management team on strategy within the region.
- Ensure compliance with all internal procedures as well as government regulations.
- High School Degree or equivalent required
- Successful candidates must pass a background check
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel, and familiarity with PowerPoint)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Must not require future sponsorship for employment Visa
- Must have the ability to work overtime in support of the department needs
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize throughout the workday while remaining focused and organized
- Demonstrated ability to be pro-active in thought and action
- Strong organizational skills.
- Analytical with a strong attention to detail
- Effective interpersonal skills, including proven ability to listen, comprehend, effectively communicate clearly and concisely to obtain positive results
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Willing to pitch in and help on last minute projects or assist team members
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Comfortable with numbers and basic mathematical skills
- Has a demonstrated strong work ethic, and reliability
- Comfortable working in a professional business environment
- Must be able to commute to the city of Hawthorne, CA
- Undergraduate Degree Preferred
- 2 years industry experience preferred
- Strong ability to troubleshoot by thinking outside the box
- Passion for excellence in your work quality
- A positive, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
- Desire for a career in supply chain/logistics.
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan (US only)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.