Assistant Athletic Trainer - #337317
Texas A&M University-Commerce
Date: 07/22/2021 12:00 PM
City: Point, Texas
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The Assistant Athletic Trainer is responsible for assisting with coverage for prevention care and rehabilitation of athletic injuries for the department of intercollegiate athletics
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises the inventory within the Athletic Training Department. Develop and maintain inventory list to assist the Head Athletic Trainer in acquiring supplies, organizing supplies and distributing to athletic training facilities
- Responsible for all modality certification on an annual basis
- Oversee ordering of supplies and materials necessary to keep athletic training room functioning
- Manage equipment maintenance, repairs, and replenishment in all four athletic training spaces
- Assists with the supervision of Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainers and Athletic Training Students
- Assists with the supervision of the custodial and maintenance schedules for all athletic training facilities
- Assists the Associate Athletics Director – Sports Medicine with other assigned administrative duties
- Assists with the prevention, evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of injured student-athletes
- Assists with the practice/game preparation and coverage for the athletic teams
- Travels with assigned teams as needed
- Assists with the medical treatment, rehabilitation and physician prescription records for all student-athletes
- Coordinates and provides written and verbal follow-ups to Head Coaches regarding student-athlete medical care. Serves as Liaison between the team physicians and Head Coaches
- Assists with coordination of the athletic training services and coverage schedules for summer camps
- Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in applicable field
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years of collegiate level athletic training experience
- Knowledge / Skills: Good computer skills. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to: Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA) Certification. Eligible to apply for a Texas Athletic Trainers License. Certified in CPR / AED for the professional rescuer.
- Physical Requirements: Essential functions are, but not limited to, lifting, carrying equipment, sitting, climbing, kneeling, standing and walking. Ability to sit and stand for long periods. Ability to occasionally lift objects over 30 lbs.
- Other Requirements: Ability to travel and work nights and weekends.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
Master’s Degree in applicable field
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Athletic training student and graduate assistants.
Internal Number: R-039880