Electromechanical Assembly Technician - #337318
Date: 07/22/2021 12:00 PM
City: New Richmond, Wisconsin
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Syntegon Technology (prev. Bosch Packaging) is one of the leading suppliers in the field of process and packaging technology. We continue to develop and produce systems for the pharmaceutical, food and confectionery industries in over 15 countries.
Are you ready to shape the current changes with us?
Do you want to contribute to people’s nutrition and health, and thereby enhancing the quality of life?
Welcome to Syntegon Technology. We are looking forward to your application!
The City of New Richmond, known as "The City Beautiful", is located an easy and quick commute in both directions from the Minneapolis/St. Paul Metro area and a short distance from Eau Claire, WI. City Beautiful it is, in setting, in character and quality of life!
The Electro Mechanical Technician is responsible for assembling and modifying mechanical assemblies and electrical components. This individual will also be expected to troubleshoot and problem-solve basic live power and control circuitry issues. This individual should be detailed orientated, able to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment under minimal supervision to complete tasks.
- Assembles mechanical assemblies, accurately, safely, and efficiently, per the bill of materials and assembly drawings with proper hand and power tools in the proper sequence utilizing "best practice" methods.
- Accurately, safely, and efficiently assembles electrical components per panel layout, including mounting enclosures, controls and safety switches. Wires power and control circuitry up to 575 volts per the bill of material and wiring diagram with hand held tools in the proper sequence utilizing "best wiring practices" methods per NFPA 79.
- Successfully troubleshoots and problem solves basic live power and control circuitry with hand held test equipment while wearing required company supplied personal protective equipment.
- Performs uploads, downloads to existing software code during equipment power-up for optimized performance.
- Demonstrates and trains associates and customers on equipment operation and equipment functionality.
- Conducts a successful and profitable operation, Pre-FAT check-out and customer factory acceptance test of packing equipment per sales order and URS specifications.
- Ability to maintain and contribute to a well-organized work cell.
- Supports Bosch Packaging’s BPS initiatives.
- Observes all safety regulations and informs supervisor of any safety issues or hazards.
- Assist with installation, startup and training at customer sites when needed.
- Must possess a minimum 2+ year vocational degree in an engineering, electrical or mechanical discipline
- Must have a minimum of 1+ years of of experience working with automated electrical/mechanical manufacturing machinery or packaging equipment
- Must have at least 1+ years of work or academic experience in reading and interpreting blueprints and wire diagrams
- Field Service experience is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to partner with other functions and foster teamwork.
- Ability to participate/lead in problem solving activities, pro-actively suggest improvements, and to meet deadlines.
- Self motivated with strong mechanical aptitude, detail oriented.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple and changing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Have a professional aptitude and ability to represent Bosch in a professional manner.
- Actively participate in 6S program to maintain a highly productive work environment.
- PC Knowledge, SolidWorks, SAP, and WinPack knowledge preferred.
- Ability to drive a fork truck or the willingness to learn how to drive a fork truck.
Syntegon Technology is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.
NOTE: All official Syntegon job postings can be found at www.syntegon.com. Successful candidates asked to participate in the hiring process should expect to speak to the hiring team by telephone and in person at one of our Syntegon office locations (Decatur, Oldsmar, Raleigh, New Richmond, Minneapolis and Allendale) prior to the job offer.