Customer Experience Manager - #337321
Brookshire Grocery Company
Date: 07/22/2021 12:00 PM
City: Point, Texas
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Brookshire Grocery Company (BGC) is a family business based in Tyler, Texas, and currently operates more than 180 stores in three states – Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas – with three distribution centers and a corporate office. BGC prides itself on offering its partners one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry which includes medical, prescription drug, vision, dental, paid time off, stock ownership, a 401k retirement plan, incentive plans, employee discounts, educational scholarships, and access to BGC’s 205-acre outdoor recreation area.
Manages front end operations and staff to promote high level of engagement and customer satisfaction. Proactively addresses issues and concerns through effective communication, adherence to Company policies, and thorough training of front end partners. Ensures adequate staffing, a clean and safe store environment, and expedient check out services for a pleasant customer experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Carries out management responsibilities including interviewing, hiring, training and developing partners; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding, and disciplining partners; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Provides friendly and customer service-oriented attitude by greeting customers, answering questions, and responding to customer complaints. Addresses front end procedural issues brought to attention by cashiers and courtesy/utility clerks. Displays exemplary customer service, acts as a role model for partners, and enforces customer service standards.
- Protects and monitors store sales by ensuring accuracy of front end procedures and proper execution of all compliance measures.
- Responsible for training front end staff on policies and procedures related to customer service, product codes, cash handling/tender procedures, use of scanners and bagging protocol. Monitors and evaluates performance through observation and written or on-the-job testing. Conducts performance evaluations and provides feedback to Store Director.
- Helps maintain overall operating costs, sales performance, financial results, public relations, product quality, work methods, working standards, equipment, property, wages, and labor. Makes decisions that impact store profits and sales, and employment or welfare of people.
- Frequently required to open/close store. Ensures the store is presentable for the customer shopping experience; makes certain adequate staff is available; ensures safety, responsiveness, and fiscal management of cash and monetary assets
- Ensures proper shrink management by following guidelines, identifying risks, and implementing proper controls
- Maintains clean, safe, and sanitary working and shopping environment by adhering to Company safety procedures
- Ensures Company regulations and food safety standards for freshness, safety, refrigeration, and sanitation are met within front end of store operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Intermediate knowledge of store operations required.
- Intermediate understanding of cash register and Company checkout policies and procedures.
- Intermediate knowledge and compliance of state laws regarding the sale of alcohol, tobacco, and lottery, as applicable.
- Intermediate knowledge of anti-money laundering and other government regulations relating to monetary transactions
- Intermediate knowledge of WFM (Workforce Management).
- Intermediate knowledge of fuel station procedures, if applicable.
- Basic knowledge of SAP for reporting purposes
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and partners.
- Ability to remain professional and courteous with customers at all times.
- Ability to lead and motivate others.
- Ability to carry out short-term strategic objectives aligned with Company initiatives.
- Ability to evaluate partner performance and make corrections as needed.
- Ability to learn new processes and transfer knowledge to others
- Ability to perform basic Microsoft Office functions
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work safely with sharp objects such as knives, box cutters, etc
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
- Ability to work 46 hours weekly with variable shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to occasionally travel to off-site/out-of-town locations required with possible overnight stays.
Education, Experience, and Qualifications
- Minimum 18 years of age required.
- Associates Degree in related field and two or more years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of experience and/or higher education required.
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification required.
- TABC/LACT certification required where applicable.
- Manager Food Safety certification required.
- AML certification required.
- Fuel Operator C Training required where applicable.
- Continuously required to use close vision, distance vision, depth perception or the ability to focus.
- Continuously required to stand or walk.
- Continuously required to talk and hear.
- Frequently required to use hands for reaching, touching or handling.
- Frequently required to use fine finger movements (ex. sorting and typing).
- Frequently required to bend, kneel or squat.
- Frequently required to push, pull, maneuver or lift objects up to 40 lbs.
- Occasionally required to push, pull, maneuver or lift objects up to 75 lbs.
- Attendance at work is required.
Work Context and Environment
- Work is generally performed in a retail store.
- Occasionally exposed to outside temperatures and weather.
- Occasionally exposed to extreme cold conditions (non-weather).
- Occasionally exposed to wet, slippery or damp conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to heights
- Occasionally exposed to cleaning agents
- Quiet to moderate noise level.
Brookshire Grocery Company strives to provide a safe, drug free and alcohol-free environment for its partners and guests. The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information or military status and any other trait protected by law.