Mine Supervisor I - #337341
Date: 07/22/2021 12:00 PM
City: Tubac, Arizona
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Supervision of mining and haulage crews in open pit mining environment.
- Achieve forecasted tonnage and copper grade for each month.
- Provide the knowledge for subordinates to obtain necessary training to improve and develop new skills.
- Ensure required production goals are achieved at the lowest possible cost without sacrificing safety or environmental concerns.
- Ensure that all mine equipment is operated in the most productive and cost-effective manner, without sacrificing the safety and health of employees.
- Communicate goals and key performance indicators to employees and monitor their development in accomplishing these goals.
- Administer overtime and absenteeism in accordance with Collective Bargaining Agreement and/or policies.
- Administer work procedures, department policies and CBA language.
- Interact with workforce and Human Resources, Safety, Purchasing, Accounting, etc. to ensure compliance with established company policies.
- Complete project works as directed.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Basic MS Office skills in Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS in Mining Engineering with 1 to 3 mining experience.
- Civil or Mechanical Engineering degree with 2 to 5 years related experience may be considered.
- Or HS diploma required with 4 to 10 years mining experience.
A core value of ASARCO LLC is “Safety First.” The Company is committed to help employees continuously improve their efforts to work in the most safe, inclusive, socially and environmentally responsible manner practicable. Employee safety and health, both on and off the job, are critically important to the Company. Therefore, ASARCO LLC requires employees to have and effectively demonstrate good working knowledge of modern safety systems. Each employee will take prime responsibility for ensuring that s/he works within all required safety procedures and processes.
ASARCO LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must possess a current and valid driver’s license. Offers of employment are contingent upon a successful criminal background check and pre-employment physical including a drug screen.
ASARCO LLC offers an excellent low-cost benefits package for medical/prescription/ dental/vision, disability coverage, life insurance and other optional coverage, and 401(k) plan with company match.