Optical Service Representative, Southfield - #337350
Henry Ford Health System
Date: 07/22/2021 12:30 PM
City: Flat Rock, Michigan
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Greets and directs patients in a friendly, professional and efficient manner. Investigates and resolves patient inquiries concerning merchandise, service, and billing in person or over the phone. Completes and records sales transactions accurately in HFO Point of Sale (POS) system. Works closely with all HFO departments to coordinate patients’ services.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively maintains multiple phone lines while utilizing proper telephone etiquette. Turns information inquiries into scheduled appointments. Accurately and efficiently schedules appointments, completes and maintains patient electronic medical records. Accurately and consistently maintains the cash drawer and sales ledger. Explains Ocular Corneal Tomography to all patients over the age of 18. Performs entry into HFO’s point of sale system.
- Performs prescription entry for eyeglasses and contact lenses. Follows medical triage guidelines for emergency cases. Communicates prescription information with pharmacies.
- Places order and directly ships to patient homes or businesses. Interprets doctor’s prescriptions and answers customer questions.
- Suggests products and enhancements to address specific prescription questions. Answers basic and complex customer questions or concerns. Has an understanding of products and services that are available to customers.
- Demonstrates a desire to create value for customers and exceed customer expectations.
- Handles multiple customers effectively with tact and a sense of urgency.
- Redirects customers to appropriate source if necessary.
- Trained on Web Denis, Medicare/Medicaid certified to speak with agents.
- Works closely with all departments to coordinate services.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Basic math skills required.
- Previous retail, hospitality, or customer service experience required.
- Previous optical experience preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate effective organization skills, prioritize multiple tasks and daily activities.
- Requires completion of all training courses as directed by Henry Ford OptimEyes.
- Must practice the customer skills as provided through on-going training and in-services.
- Must meet or exceed core customer service responsibilities, standards and behaviors as outlined in the HFHS' Customer Service Policy.
- Works in retail optical environment.
- Must attend monthly staff meetings, before hours, to promote and build effective teams to insure everyone is committed to corporate goals.
- Requires evening and weekend hours.
- Must be able to walk, stand and bend for extended periods of time.
Under the leadership of President and CEO Wright L. Lassiter, III, Henry Ford Health System is a
$6 billion integrated health system comprised of six hospitals, a health plan, and 250+ sites
including medical centers, walk-in and urgent care clinics, pharmacy, eye care facilities and
other healthcare retail. Established in 1915 by auto industry pioneer Henry Ford, the health system
now has 32,000 employees and remains home to the 1,900-member Henry Ford Medical Group, one
of the nation’s oldest physician groups. An additional 2,200 physicians are also affiliated with the
health system through the Henry Ford Physician Network. Henry Ford is also one of the region’s
major academic medical centers, receiving between $90-$100 million in annual research funding and
remaining Michigan’s fourth largest NIH-funded institution. Also an active participant in medical
education and training, the health system has trained nearly 40% of physicians currently practicing
in the state and also provides education and training for other health professionals including nurses,
pharmacists, radiology and respiratory technicians. visit HenryFord.com.
Whether it's offering a new medical option, helping you make healthier lifestyle choices or
making the employee enrollment selection experience easier, it's all about choice. Henry
Ford Health System has a new approach for its employee benefits program - My Choice
Rewards. My Choice Rewards is a program as diverse as the people it serves. There are
dozens of options for all of our employees including compensation, benefits, work/life balance
and learning - options that enhance your career and add value to your personal life. As an
employee you are provided access to Retirement Programs, an Employee Assistance Program
(Henry Ford Enhanced), Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Employee Health and Wellness, and a whole host of other benefits and services. Employee's classified as contingent status are not eligible for benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer Henry Ford Health System is
committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to
race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, size, height,
weight, marital status, family status, gender identity, sexual orientation, and genetic information,
or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.