Clinical Lab Scientist-Blood Bank - #337359
Date: 07/22/2021 12:30 PM
City: Elmhurst, Illinois
Contract type: Part Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Edward-Elmhurst is a 736-bed system that includes three hospitals – Edward Hospital in Naperville, Elmhurst Hospital and Linden Oaks Behavioral Health (on the Edward campus), and an extensive ambulatory care network that provides comprehensive healthcare to residents of the west and southwest suburbs of Chicago.
For the third year in a row, Edward-Elmhurst Health has been named one of the nation’s 15 Top Health Systems by Fortune/IBM Watson Health. For the second year in a row, Fortune/IBM Watson Health has named Edward Hospital and Elmhurst Hospital among the 100 Top Hospitals in the U.S.
Elmhurst Hospital was ranked No. 1 and Edward Hospital was ranked No. 7 in the Large Community Hospitals category. Edward and Elmhurst are two of only five Illinois hospitals to make the 100 Top Hospitals list. Edward was previously recognized in 2011, 2016, 2018 and 2020. This is the second time Elmhurst Hospital has been honored (2020).
Job Summary: Performs various clinical laboratory tests in the Blood Bank section of the Laboratory in order to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease
Hours: Part-time (0.5 FTE) 3pm-11:30pm; Includes weekend and holiday rotations
- Associate's degree or higher in Medical Technology or Clinical Laboratory Science
- Ability to accurately collect and analyze test results, and to perceive similarities and differences in color
- Registration with the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP), National Credentialing Agency (NCA) or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in Clinical Lab Science
- Benefits offered by Edward-Elmhurst Health include: (eligibility varies by FTE)
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Fitness center membership
- Free Employee Parking
- Plus many other Employee Perks
Location: Edward-Elmhurst Health · LAB-BLOOD BANK
Schedule: Part time, Evenings, 3:00pm-11:30pm