Federal Programs and Parent Engagement Manager - #337362
Teach in Southwest Colorado
Date: 07/22/2021 12:30 PM
City: Towaoc, Colorado
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
MONTEZUMA CORTEZ SCHOOL DISTRICT RE-1
Federal Programs and Parent Engagement Manager
Federal Programs and Parent Engagement Manager
Subject & Grade:
Montezuma-Cortez School District
Full time - 12 month contract
$50,000 to $57,000
EVERY STUDENT. EVERY DAY
Together we are…
Growing our team of effective and committed educators
Creating a culture of high expectations
Respecting our diversity
Inspiring community trust and support
Building pathways to successful futures
This is a grant-funded position that will lead a collaborative process leading to the design and implementation of district federal programs initiatives annually and associated parent and stakeholder engagement initiatives. This position is also responsible for providing oversight to the fiscal management of the grants.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Other duties may be assigned)
Federal Programs Design, Implementation and Oversight
- Manage all aspects of the development of annual application process for district Federal Funding including but not limited to: Title I, Title II, Title III, Title IV, Title V, and Title VI;
- Manage all aspects of the development of the annual application process for Impact Aid;
- Manage all aspects of the development of any federal or state funded competitive grants for district or school improvement;
- Ensure the district is in compliance with all applicable regulations associated to the district’s federal and/or state grant funds;
- Provide ongoing oversight to the grants fiscal coordination and associated oversight to budgeting, approved and aligned expenditures, and any reporting associated to the district’s federal and/or state grant funds.
- Evaluate identified grant programs for effectiveness and make required changes as needed according to student need.
Competitive Grants Management
- Lead the district efforts to identify new competitive grant opportunities aligned to the district strategic plan and school 90 day plan priorities;
- Lead or facilitate the application process for competitive grants;
- Ensure the district is in compliance with all applicable requirements associated to the district’s competitive grants;
- Provide ongoing oversight to the grants fiscal coordination and associated oversight to budgeting, approved and aligned expenditures, and reporting associated to the district’s competitive grants.
Parent and Stakeholder Engagement
- Provide annual orientation or training to principals and other district leaders on the district stakeholder engagement matrix aligned to all of the parent engagement goals and requirements associated to the district board policies, strategic plan, and federal/state grant funds;
- Provide ongoing technical assistance to schools in implementing effective parent and stakeholder engagement processes and evaluating their efficacy over time;
- Lead or support effective implementation of district’s stakeholder engagement strategies including but not limited to annual parent survey, DAC, and PAC.
- Ensure district is in compliance with all required parent and stakeholder engagement requirements associated to the district board policies, strategic plan, and federal/state grant funds;
- Evaluate the effectiveness of district parent and stakeholder engagement and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Supervise the mentoring program funded under the consolidated and competitive grants.
Education and Certification:
Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Teaching or Administrative Certification
Experience and Skills:
Excellent communication skills
- Experience with budget development and management
- Experience in education and understanding of educational improvement strategies
- Experience in stakeholder and parent engagement
- High livel of personal organization and planning
- Technology proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Culture and Fit
- Commitment to the mission and values of Monezuma Cortez RE-1
- Ambition and desire to grow as a leader
- Openess to feedback
- Maintains and models high standards and professional integrity
- Collaborate practitioner
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Occasional lifting
- Frequent sitting, standing and walking
SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Grants and Fiscal Manager
REPORTS TO: Superintendent
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. This job description is not intended to create any express or implied contract of employment or expectancy of continued employment for any definite term.