Development Product Owner - mid-level - #337364
Date: 07/22/2021 12:30 PM
City: Atascosa, Texas
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Purpose of Job
We are seeking a talented Development Product Owner for either our San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, Colorado Springs, CO, Tampa, FL, Chesapeake, VA, or Phoenix, AZ facilities
USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both worlds – collaborating in-person in the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused deliverables. The actual days onsite are determined between each employee and the employee’s manager.
The candidate selected for this position is going to get work with the Chief Administrative Office Data and Analytic Product Team in USAA’s Enterprise Data Office. They will work with the CAO D&A Data Engineering Team to carry out the DPO responsibilities of their efforts
Serves as a direct representative of the business on an agile team. Attains, understands, and communicates business vision and needs in order to write and refine user stories, prioritize work, and provide guidance to technical teams. Uses critical thinking, problem solving, and Agile principles to partner with business owners, subject matter experts, and the development team to build effective solutions. Possesses a proficient knowledge and understanding of and ability to work within multiple delivery methodologies, including Agile and other approaches, to deliver business value.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Works with business and Subject Matter Experts to understand business strategy and vision and then writes, refines, accepts and prioritizes stories and/or features to support effective and compliant solutions while balancing investment and business value.
- Owns and maintains a prioritized work backlog for one or more Agile teams. Product backlog includes complete user stories with acceptance criteria so that they are consumable and testable by the Agile team or program. Reviews and accepts output of I/T and/or business development to ensure specified acceptance criteria have been completed.
- Serves as direct representative of the business with one or more delivery teams, representing the customers' perspective throughout the product delivery cycle.
- Participates in a cross-functional team of user experience partners, designers, business analysts, developers, testers and others to develop, execute and release in alignment with program and/or product road maps.
- Partners with sponsors, stakeholders, and IT to facilitate, the translation of business requirements from relevant business processes, gaining a developing understanding of the needs, measures, and risks & controls for the improvement area.
- Partners with change partners and key stakeholders to assist with preparing the business for the change and provides tactics and metrics for benefits, adoption, and risk. Leverages existing change management routines, as needed.
- Executes robust test plan (user acceptance testing, production validation).
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge in multiple business or system domains and capable of contributing to agile team at the project level.
- Bachelor's degree required, or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required in lieu of a degree.
- 4 years of experience in process improvement, project delivery, business/requirements analysis or directly related to supported business operations/product line.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products, applicable databases and project management tools.
- Proficient knowledge with multiple technical software delivery methodologies (i.e., Agile, Waterfall).
- Proficient Experience analyzing business requirements and ability to identify opportunities to streamline business processes in accordance with risk management framework and regulatory requirements.
- Proficient understanding of Process Engineering methodologies and Change Management practices.
- Experience working independently to gather business requirements, process flows and use cases to develop and deliver on business capabilities within the approved methodology, writing user stories, and following the development process through user story acceptance.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to identify, analyze issues and prioritize solutions/decisions.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Experience in IT including Data Engineering
- Experience working with Agile Methodologies
- Experience with Rally and/or Jira
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $80,200 - $144,500 *(this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors
- Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.