Electronics Technician 2nd Shift - #337367
Date: 07/22/2021 12:30 PM
City: Carlsbad, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
We’re looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
We currently have an immediate requirement for an experienced Test Technician to join our growing Operations department. In this role, you will be responsible for testing and troubleshooting complex RF and digital circuits in Manufacturing. You will have the skills necessary to test and troubleshoot complex telecommunication equipment to the component level, complete necessary paperwork, follow the supervisor’s instructions and communicate with engineering staff and coworkers. You will be able to perform duties with minimal supervision including setting up necessary test equipment and fixtures, perform calibration, test, troubleshooting, completing test data sheets and detailed failure reports, and provide help to other technicians.
- 5-8+ years of related experience or equivalent education and experience troubleshooting complex electronics to the component level, including analog, RF and digital circuitry
- Ability to read schematics and understand electronic circuits
- Familiarity with test and troubleshooting methods for communication equipment
- Ability to follow a test procedure and complete necessary paperwork
- Associate’s degree in a related technical field or equivalent experience
- US Government Position. US Citizenship Required
- Secret clearance or the ability to obtain a secret clearance
- Up to 10% Travel
Viasat is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, genetics, age, or veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristic.